Green - 43

The girl-next-door sat in front of her vanity, holding a lipstick in her left hand as she watched her reflection in the mirror. It was red, which was quite a drastic change from her sheer, strawberry flavoured lip gloss that she usually wore. The blonde girl began to apply it, covering her lips in red pigment that reminded her of her sister, Polly, whom the lipstick actually belonged to. 

"Red doesn't suit you, dear," Betty's mother  told her.

"It's Polly's," Betty replied, looking at herself in the mirror, "I'm borrowing it."

"Polly grew up too fast," Her mother said quickly, "I don't want you to make the same mistake."

"Well, I like it," Betty insisted calmly, her tone passive, although firm, as she sat the lipstick down on the vanity. "It makes me feel...powerful."

Her mother put her hand on her shoulder in a calming motion, before speaking again.

"You coming with us to the mayor's shindig?" Mrs. Cooper asked her daughter, tilting her head slightly.

"No," Betty told her, "Veronica and I going over Alice's to study for a test."

Mrs. Cooper frowned slightly as she questioned. "Alice Rivera?"

Betty nodded, before being smothered as Mrs. Cooper wiped the lipstick off of her lips, successfully smearing it across Betty's face.

"I don't want you associating with girls like that," she said sternly.

"Bad girls, you mean?" Betty asked, looking up at her mother. 

"Get used to it, mom," Betty said firmly, "They're my friends."

Mrs. Cooper's expression didn't change as Betty spoke, and then she simply picked up another lipstick from the vanity.

"Here," Her mother said in a condescending tone, "'Pink Perfection'. It's more you."

-----------------

It wasn't long before Betty arrived at Alice's house, although studying was not on the agenda. The second she entered the large home, Veronica began to dress her up as Alice did her makeup.

"Ew, no, that skirt is atrocious," Alice whined, watching as Veronica held up a textured green skirt, "It doesn't even go with the crop top!"

Veronica rolled her eyes, saying, "Shush, Alice, it looks good."

Alice huffed, but quieted, letting Veronica finish Betty's outfit. Alice did Betty's makeup, giving her some mascara and blush, along with red lipstick.

"Wow Betty," Alice complimented, "You look really good!"

"Thanks," Betty said, smiling, "hopefully this works."

"Of course it will!" Veronica reassured her, as Alice grabbed the keys to her car.

"Okay then," Alice grinned, "Let's go."

The two girls went to Pop's, ready to set the plan in motion.

.

.

.

.

.

-heyyy what's up mah doods-

-^^ that was so cringy omg-

- anyways, you guys were getTING ON MY NERVES WITH YOUR MAZE RUNNER REFERENCES IN THE COMMENTS SMH I ALMOST CRIED-

-I SAID NO NEWT REFERENCES BUT WHAT DO I GET??? FRICKING "please tommy please" LIKE SRSLY WHY-

-^^ anyone who hasn't read maze runner is really confused right now lmaoo-

-uh, anyways, this chap was pretty short sorry about that. next one will be way longer, i promise-

-thanks for 7k votes and 166k+ reads!!!-

-qotd: who's your fav band/musician/singer? (more than one answer allowed!)-

-aotd: panic!, halsey, selena gomez, tøp-

-thanks for reading! hopefully you enjoyed-