I met up with Lucas at his locker. "Hey! What took you so long?" Lucas asked me.

"Oh, you know, dealing with the three stooges and their antics," I said.

Lucas stopped and looked at me. "Are you ever going to forgive them?"

"No," I answered.

He gave me a look.

"Yes, no, I don't know. The guys hurt me," I groaned.

"From the sounds of it, I don't think it was intentional," Lucas said calmly.

"Are you defending them?" I questioned.

"No, but I'm looking at it from an aim point of view," Lucas said.

"I don't know. Can we not talk about the guys?" I asked, raising my voice slightly.

"As you wish," Lucas said as he closed his locker. We walked to class, and unbeknownst to me, the Barbie dolls were plotting something else for me.

After school, I went with Lucas to football practice, keeping up our charade. Any time he went to kiss me, he would kiss my nose, making it look like he was kissing me. I didn't mind. I knew at some point, he would eventually come clean, but he had to do it in his time and way.

After practice, I waited for Lucas to come out of the locker room. Mostly everyone came out until he was the last one to come out.

"Ready?" Lucas asked.

"Yep," I said with a smile, and we walked home.

On our way home, I said, "Can I asked you a question?"

"Sure," Lucas answered.

"How come you don't drive?" I asked.

"I do, but when the weather is decent, I don't mind walking," Lucas said.

"Oh," I mumbled.

"You didn't think I didn't know how to drive, did you?" Lucas asked, arching a brow.

"Maybe," I said shyly.

Lucas chuckled as he placed his arm around my neck while he walked me to my house. Once he arrived, we said goodbye, and I went inside the house. I had dinner with my folks, then went upstairs to work on some homework.

The minute I entered my room, someone placed their hand over my mouth, shutting the door. The person backed me up against a wall. Great, tonight, I will die. I felt the person lean in and, with their hot breath, whispered, "I will take my hand away, but only if you promise not to scream."

What in the world?

"Promise?" The person whispered.

"Mmmm," I mumble, nodding my head.

The person pulled their hand away, then I hauled off and smacked them.

"Ow! What the fuck, Gracie?" Someone yelled.

I reached over and turned on a lamp. "Zack?" I asked, confused.

Zack was rubbing the side of his face. Then I heard footsteps coming to my door, and it opened to my dad standing there confused.

"Grace? Zack?" Dad asked.

We both looked at Dad as Zack rubbed his face.

"It's okay, Dad," I said. "I was defending myself against a nuisance that found his way into my room." I turned and glared at Zack.

Dad chuckled as he walked out of the room.

"Well, hi to you, too," Zack said to me.

"What are you doing here, Zack?" I asked as I walked over, dropped my book bag into a chair.

"I wanted to talk to you," Zack said.

"Okay, talk," I ordered, annoyed.

"What's going on with you and Lucas?" Zack asked.

"That's not talking. That's a question," I corrected Zack.

"Gracie," Zack said.

"We're dating," I said, not flinching. Zack looked at me as I continued. "Or is that so far-fetched, it's hard to believe? Why would the captain of the football team want to take an interest in me, right?" I said, crossing my arms.

"Gracie," Zack repeated himself.

"No, Zack. You act like it would be impossible for a guy to like me," I said to Zack.

Zack stood there, not saying anything.

"If you excuse me, I need to do my homework," I said, going to my book bag and taking out my homework. Zack left as I worked on my schoolwork. What is wrong with him? Ever since I started hanging around Lucas, he acts like a jealous boyfriend.

It's getting old quickly.