Unexpected

I woke up to no one in the room. I wonder where Jake went. I got up and walked downstairs to Jake cooking breakfast in the kitchen. He heard me coming and turned around.

"Good morning, beautiful" he said, grabbing my head and kissing my forehead

"Hey" I replied

"I made some breakfast if you want some" he smiled

"Breakfast would be great" I replied

He sat down and ate, his cooking was amazing! Everything was so good. When we finished we walked into the living room and just cuddled on the sofa. I was still in shock from last night's dream.

"How are you?" Jake asked

"Still a little freaked out about last night" I said grabbing his arm

"Don't be" Jake said

I just looked at him, wondering why he'd just said that.

"You have me" he said

I looked at him and all I could think about was how much I cared for this boy. He cared so much about me; I didn't want to leave his side. I hugged him, tight. I didn't want to let go.

"Thank you" I replied

"I don't think I want this moment to end" Jake said

"Me either, I'm happy right where I am"

We stayed at his grandparents' house until five. I didn't want to leave, especially knowing I wouldn't see Jake in the morning, sleeping next to me. I had called Karen when we got in the car to let her know I was coming home. That's when I had gotten a text message from Scarlet.

Alex, it's Scarlet. I would call you but I'd start to cry and I really don't want to do that, especially talking to you. I really need to get my point through, I'm not really sure how I'm going to say this so I'm just going to say it. Alex, you're my best friend and honestly I feel terrible for the way I acted on the phone. You were right, as much as it kills me to say that, you were right. I'm so sorry, I've known you for 10 years and to throw all of that away...I just don't want to think of that, I know you're not going to forgive me, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm honestly and truly, from the bottom of my heart, sorry. Alex, I miss you.

I started to laugh; I knew she was going to do this. I was still really mad at her but at the same time, she was right. We've known each other for over 10 years; it'd be stupid to just throw all of that away, especially over something so stupid. I did miss her though...and plus I was kind of wondering how she was doing.

Hey Scarlet, I'm not even mad anymore. This fight is seriously stupid; to throw this all away over something so simple is dumb and immature. I miss you too; we have a lot of catching up to do though. Call me whenever you get the chance! I have some news to tell you.

I felt sort of relieved sending that. I was glad to have my best friend back too. It was starting to get boring, just talking to my sister. I could finally talk to someone who was my age, best friend for over 10 years, thinks like me and understands me. I honestly love Jaidyn, Jake and Karen but I missed Scarlet, a piece of me was missing. I felt much happier about everything. Everything was starting to fall into place; maybe this was going to be the best summer of my life. Maybe it was going to turn out okay; everything was going to be okay. I liked that feeling a lot better then what I've felt the past couple weeks.

I was super excited to tell Scarlet about Jake. I knew she was going to be happy if I was happy. It's almost as if I need Scarlet's blessing when it comes to dating. Her opinion matters a whole lot to me, If she didn't like the guy I liked, I would either just stay friends or prove her wrong about them, but that only happens every once and awhile. She seems to be right about almost everything. Some people tell me not to always listen to her but she hasn't failed me yet.