Only The Beginning

I'm pretty sure my heart dropped through the floor. School hadn't even started yet and already Scarlet had dropped a nuclear bomb on me. So many things were running through my head right now, I was speechless. Scarlet, my best friend who was perfect, who'd never do anything like that in her life all of a sudden she's...pregnant? No. That can't be, I'm dreaming. I have to be dreaming.

I looked down at the ground to see Scarlet, still crying.

"Alex, I'm so sorry!" She said crying uncontrollably.

"Scarlet" I said kneeling down to put my hand on her shoulder.

Scarlet just buried her face in her knees, still sobbing, not wanting to make eye contact with me.

"I don't think I'm the one you should be apologizing to. You had your whole life ahead of you, you had senior year to look forward to, you had college, even this summer to look forward to. To be completely honest, you messed up majorly. What are your parents going to say?" I said about to start crying.

"I know, I know! I don't know what to do, I know I messed up! I'm scared and I know Trevor and my parents are going to just leave me. Like I know you're about to do" Scarlet said

"Scarlet, I'm not going to leave you, you're my best friend. You've always been there for me whenever I've screwed up, which means I'll do the same for you"

"Yes Alex, but this is different. I messed up big time. This isn't a 'oh I kissed your brother' type of deal. This is something that's going to affect my whole life. I don't expect you to still be my friend after this summer, let alone tomorrow. All I want you to know is that I'm sorry I totally screwed up everything"

"Scarlet...you're going to be okay" I said reassuringly.

The bell rang and I helped Scarlet off the ground and brought her to the bathroom to calm her down and freshen her up before going back to class looking like a mess.

"Thank you Alex"

"You're welcome" I said with a smile

I gave her a big hug and told her everything was going to be okay and that we'd deal with her parents and Trevor later.

We walked up to our first hour class which was science. Mr. Brad was talking to the class when we walked in. The door slammed shut and everyone stared at us.

"Can I help you?" I said irritated

Mr. Brad just laughed and asked us to take our seats.

Mr.Brad's pretty awesome because he doesn't really care if you're late or what you do in that class. It's really social hour for me.

We walked over to our desks and what came to both of our surprise was Kaetlyn was already there.

"I'm surprised you're here already" I said with a chuckle

"Me too! This is weird...where's your Caribou?" Scarlet asked

"Well when I got there, the drive thru was packed and I couldn't go inside because I was going to be late for school" Kaetlyn said

"Well this is a first, Kaetlyn Johnson actually cares about being on time for school" Scarlet nagged

We all laughed and talked about what our plans where for this summer, Scarlet even broke the news to Kaetlyn. It was an emotional hour but I'm so glad I have these two girls in my life. There the people who actually keep me sane in this school.

Within a blink of an eye, the bell rang, we walked out of the room and then all three of us headed our separate ways. Gym time, thank god. Gym was my favorite part of the day. Not only did I have it with Breah but gym is just the period I could relax in. Breah was another one of my best friends, me and her have gone through so much together.