Chapter 2

It's been a week since that Dave incident. I've avoided that asshole for a week. A WEEK! It was actually easy because he's so small minded but his other teammates, not so much. There was a close encounter in the hall but I managed to hide myself in the bustling crowd of students passing through to get to their next classes.

"Nate! At least pretend your paying attention and look at the front of the classroom." My teacher snapped at me. I looked up from the window and muttered a quiet 'sorry'. The teacher glared at me for a second before continuing her lesson.

I haven't heard from Ashton since that day. And yes, its been a week. Duh. He hasn't texted me or called me. I've seen him around campus but haven't talked to him. I wonder what he's been up to.

~^~^~*~^~^~

School ended and I'm walking down the sidewalk towards the park. My phone buzzes and I take it out to look at it.

Ashton: Nate. Help. Call me as ssoon as you get this. Its... i need help.

Huh? What the hell?! I go to my contacts and find his name and start ringing him.

"Nate?" His voice is shaky.

"Ashton? What's wrong? Where are you?" I ask first. He takes a shaky deep breath and I hear something shuffling in the background.

"I'm at the small store on Lanford street. This guy has been following me for a few blocks after school got out and he's outside the store. I'm scared and I don't know what to do." His voice cracked and it sounded like he was going to cry.

My eyebrows furrowed and I felt my blood get hot. "I'm on my way." I said quickly then ended the call. I shoved my phone back in my pocked and ran towards Lanford. I was five blocks away but my adrenaline was at an all time high.

I stopped at the edge of the street and looked down the alley where the store is located. Its dark. I see some guy leaning on one of the buildings smoking a cigarette. He's definitely older than I am but he's about my size. I walk closer to the door and he looks at me. I stare straight back. "Take a picture, it lasts longer." I say. He huffs and averts his eyes.

After that I enter the store.

I look around and spot Ash in the back. I walk towards him and he looks at me. "Nate! Im so glad you're here." He said as he came towards me.

"What happened?" I ask. He had a bruise on his right cheek and his lip was split in the middle. "Did that guy get to you?" I ask as I look out the window at the strange dude. He was watching us through the window. Creep ass.

"What? No. It wasn't that creep but he probably would have. It was Dave." I looked back at Ash.

"I told you to call me when you got into trouble!" I furrowed my brows once again. "I'm gonna fuck him up." He furrowed his brows this time.

"No! You're gonna stay out of it. I can handle myself and- okay look." He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. I crossed my arms and looked down on him. I just noticed I had a good foot on him. He was pretty short. 5 feet isn't much for a guy.

"At least I called you this time." He said and looked back up at me. My face softened and I sighed.

"I guess that's acceptable." I mumbled. "Lets get outta here before Mr. Creep-Ass outside decides to come in." I put my arm around Ash and started towards the door.

"The fuck are you doing?" He whispered.

"Making us look like a couple so he doesn't mess with you anymore." I whispered back.

We got outside and the guy looked at us. He raised an eyebrow. "Fuck." I mumbled. I led him towards the exit of the alley and that guy went the other direction.

"He's gone." Ash sighed.

"Are you free tonight?" I asked. Ashton's black hair fell over his eye as he looked up at me again. His eyes are so magnificently colored although to most people gray is a dull color.

"Why?" He asked.

I made a 'tch' sound. "You sure do like to ask a lot of questions, dont you?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I want to show you something." I said. "Its a place that always calms me on bad days. You up for it?" I looked at him for his reaction. His face held no emotional expression.

"Okay sure."