Chapter 4: A New Hope

Matt's Point Of View:

Crystal and I got in a big fight today, she had gotten drunk and made out with another man. I walked in the two slobbering all over each other's faces, so I yelled at her. What else was I supposed to do? At least I'm not violent enough to hit anyone. I told her it was over, so I think we've officially broken up, for good this time. I'm pretty bummed out about being single again, but I won't cry, she cheated so she's not worth crying over. I do need something to cheer me up, maybe I could do something good for the world; Or maybe I could get something to take care of, like a dog or a cat. What can I do?

After sitting around all day I think I finally figured out something I could do, not only would it be good for the world, but I could also get something I could take care of. I'm going to try and adopt a child, there are tons of kids in foster care who could go to good homes, and I think that I could be a pretty good dad. I'm going to head over to the foster care office now, and see what I have to do.

~Time Skip~

After two weeks of paperwork and waiting, I've finally been approved for adopting a foster kid. This might be one of the best days in my life! I'm heading over there right now, I can't wait to meet all those kids who need a good environment and a family. I know my apartment is pretty safe for one in L.A. and although I'm not in a relationship anymore I can still support a kid.

"Hello, you must be Mr. Busek! Right through that door, the kids are in the courtyard and in their rooms right now. Feel free to look around and explore, come here when you find a potential foster kid, and we will put you in the ' meet and greet room' alright?" an older woman says from behind a desk. "Alright, thank you M'am," I walk into the what appears to be the living room, the stairs must lead to the bedrooms.

After meeting tons of kids I find a room at the end of the hallway, I open the door to see a little girl sitting on the edge of her bed talking to a stuffed animal. "Hell- Y/N? Is that you?" I say looking at the young girl, she looks just like Y/N from the alleyway. "Mr.Matt? Yeah! It's me Y/N, Mommy put me in foster care when my brother was born. It's kinda scary here, please take me away from here!" little Y/N yells while breaking down crying hysterically. "Ah! Shshshsshh" I shush her hoping it will quiet her down a bit. "It's alright princess, I'm gonna take you home alright. I'll be your new Daddy and we can live happily in my apartment together. I'll take you to work with me and keep you by my side at all times, okay baby girl?" She nods her head as I wipe away her tears. I kiss her gently on the forehead "I'm gonna save you. Now, please calm down, okay?" I ask her while gently cradling her small body in my arms. "O-Okay Mr-eh-Mr. Matt- I mean Da-Daddy" she was still worked up so she was stumbling on her words. "It's okay kiddo, take your time and calm down. Daddy's got you now, and I'm never gonna let you out of my sight." I say rubbing circles on her back, her breathing and heart rate slowly go back to a normal pace. I pick her up gently and start to walk down stairs to see the old woman at the desk, little Y/N snuggles her head into my chest and holds onto my shirt.

"Hello? Oh um hi, I found the foster kid I would like to adopt. I don't need to go to a meet and greet whatever, she's the one I'm looking for" I say quietly trying my hardest not to disturb my sweet little princess. "Oh, alright sir. Let me just- ah here it is. Please sign here, here, and here. Oh, and may I say that Y/N has always been a sweetheart." The old woman formed a gentle smile. I freed one of my hands carefully and signed the remaining paperwork, little Y/N is now Y/N Busek. "Alright, have a good day Ma'am," I say politely carrying my princess out the door and towards my car. I'm going to have to take her shopping, and get her clothes and toys.