Chapter 4

++++

beau·ty
/ˈbyo͞odē/

noun
A combination of qualities, such as shape, colour, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight.

++++

|Chapter 4

Lena

"So are you the..." I tried to get it out my mouth, but it felt so unnatural.

"The air element, yes." He stated, not bothering to look at me as he continued to drive.

"So we're both elementals. And from what you've said, we're very powerful."

He nodded.

"We have the power of certain elements, and can control the element given specifically to us."

He nodded.

"The element we hold protects us in many ways, and complies to our thoughts and emotions."

He nodded.

"Now if I'm that powerful, why the fuck am I on a jeep again?"

He sighed.

"Elementals are connected, in a way. If we weren't, the balance of nature would not exist. Because of this connection, we will know where the other elementals are, but only when they are using their abilities or harnessing the power of nature."

I nodded.

"If I use my power to get us to Egypt, the fire elemental, who we're trying to hide from, will know exactly where we are."

And again, shifting my position on the seat.

"Why are we hiding from him again?" He sighed. "I'm sorry," I mumbled. "I just really need answers right now."

"It's okay, I promised I'd answer all your questions on the way." He gave me a forced smile and breathed in, his eyes closed for a second, not at all minding the empty road.

"He stole the water element. In a few months, nature's balance will start to falter. An elemental is only destined to hold the power of one element, breaking this law unleashes chaos." he stopped the car on the side of the road and looked at me.

"He's coming for the other elements, and he's more than capable of getting the other two. That's why we have to be very careful."

"So am I the earth elemental?" He shook his head no.

I stared at him, waiting for him to talk.

"It's a timely tale - one that I will tell you at the right time." He breathed in once more, exhaustion evident on his facial expression.

The more answers I receive, the more confused I became. Maybe those questions were enough for today.

I yawned, today has got to be over.

Looking outside the window, I glanced at the sky - it was dreamy: A mass of rose pink kissed a cerulean blue as the sun set, making every living thing nothing but a silhouette. It was beautiful.

I closed my eyes, deciding that beauty was one good way to end the day.

-------------------------
A/N
Image referring to the sunset -- keep in mind that I do try to get the best photographs, so if they do not capture your imagination, feel free to keep imagining.

ps. I'm sorry for the short chapter