Chapter 2

++++

gale
/ɡāl/

noun
A strong wind

++++

|Chapter 2

Lena

My gaze diverted towards the plastic coated card that my hand was currently clutching, turning it over with my fingers. A brisk breeze came upon me and for some reason, it reminded me of him.

That guy from last night.

I remember his devilishly attractive smirk and his cold but much heated stare.

He knows something about my parents, something he knows I'd want to figure out. But how? They've been dead long enough for me to forget their faces, and even though that scares me, it also helps me to recover from the loss that the accident had caused.

For the millionth time, I asked myself.
Do I really want to know?

I shrugged away the vivid memories trying to enter my mind.

I was two, yet I remembered so much about that night. About the accident.

Even if I do want to know, this card is useless. The only thing written here is the word Gale, not a number I can call nor an address I can go to.

He must've given me the wrong card, but then again, he seemed like someone who was aware of his every action and each one's result.

I shifted my gaze to a raised hand, quickly standing up to attend to the customer.

"Anything?" I asked, almost as if the word was a reflex.

His eyes flicked towards me from the menu. Fiery and dark.

His rough but neat stubble covered his structured face and outlined his oh-so-defined jaw. His dark mahogany eyes were ones that made you feel vulnerable, ones that could pierce through your skin and soul if you weren't careful. I had probably been staring too long as he flashed a knowing smirk.

With a chuckle, he began to state the drinks he had in mind, his gaze still holding onto mine.

I walked towards the selection of drinks, grabbing the cocktail shaker on the way.

As I slid four shot glasses towards him, he slid one back to me.

"No thanks." I replied. I was not in the mood of drinking, not right now.

With the same damned smirk, he stated.

"Just for me to know that you didn't put anything in there. I mean, you have been staring at me since I came in." His eyes, if possible, had darkened.

"And how do I know you didn't put anything?" I retorted and he chuckled, sliding the rest of the shots towards me.

"Then take a pick." He said, his hands on his clenched jaw and his eyes glued to mine. "Choose any of the four."

His lips slowly formed an almost innocent smile.

I guess some people just aren't good at pulling that off.

I took a random glass and drank, not feeling anything at all.

Oh wait, I guess I spoke too soon.

This hasn't happened before, the drinks he ordered weren't even that strong. Stumbling backwards, I tried to get away from the man, but my vision started to blur and play tricks on me.

Even with this, his smirk was evident. It was probably the clearest thing that I could see right now.

My eyes felt heavy and my head started pounding. I could feel my limbs slowly giving in and my nerves shutting down, leaving only my mind left standing. But even that didnt seem like it could fight much longer.

"You know, for a bartender, you sure as hell can't handle a shot."

I couldn't help but close my eyes.

----

My head still throbbed in pain, my throat burned and my body felt sore.

I woke up in the back of an unfamiliar car, yet a familiar man was driving it.

"Help!!" Was the first thing that came out of my mouth as I didn't even bother having a who-are-you conversation with the said man.

"No one's going to hear you." He said, looking at me directly through the rear-view mirror.

I tried to move, but my hands and feet were tied.

While trying to comprehend what was happening, I also tried to think of the most logical thing that I could do.

But no logical actions were executed.

So my dumb ass called him. Not through a phone or anything, I just called him.

"Gale." I whispered to myself, tears of fear and confusion slipping away from my closed eyes.

A strong wind shattered the car's windows, and the car stopped.

I saw the man's grin. "I knew it."

"Let go of her." I heard a man from outside say, the voice reminded me of someone; but right now, I am in no state of comprehension.

"I knew you'd come... Gale."

It was the last thing I heared before my eyes dragged themselves into darkness.

-------------------------
A/N
Image referring to Gale, embodied by Matthew Noszka.