→ SUSPICION + REDHEADS = TROUBLE ←

Author note: Hello! Thank you @Damians_Babybird @Moichoa @awesomesandylol and others for the support on my last chapter! It means a lot to me!

Remember to check out my new book "Behind the Mask" if you're looking for something to read! Thank you :)

---

Bruce was about to head to Wayne Enterprises when he heard the sound of Alfred's formal voice. He was speaking to someone at the front door.

But who?

"Master Bruce, Miss Gordon is here to speak with you." Alfred announced across the hall to Bruce's direction.

Bruce walked to the doorway, revealing a slightly flustered Alfred and an annoyed redhead.

"Barbara, what brings you here?" Bruce asked kindly, studying the girl's expression. She didn't look happy. At all.

"Nothing too important Mr. Wayne. Just wanted to check in on Dick. He wasn't at school yesterday, and I was never told he was sick or anything." Barbara pointed out. "Can I speak to him?" She finished, raising a brow.

Bruce inwardly cringed... someone was PMSing.

He cleared his throat. "Yes, unfortunately Dick is not feeling well so I called in to the school yesterday. He needs his rest, so I'll have him call you."

Barbara didn't look convinced.

"Is it the flu? Or is it pneumonia again?"

Bruce gave a fake chuckle. "Just a bad cold this time. Didn't want him getting anyone else sick."

"Mmh. I'm sure." The girl replied sarcastically.

"Well Master Bruce must be heading to work, just as you must get to school. Have a good day Miss Gordon." Alfred dismissed with a nice smile, and Bruce silently thanked the man.

"Of course. Make sure Dick calls me." Barbara replied sweetly with a small wave, and left.

After Alfred closed the doors, Bruce gave a long sigh. "We need to come up with better excuses."

"Agreed, sir."

---

Climbing Wayne Manor.

Easier said than done.

"Ahh. Finally." Barbara breathed as she reached Dick's window.

She looked in the room- it was tidy, as usual- except the room was empty. The bed was cleanly made, not one kink in the sheets. It's not like she expected to find Dick laying beneath the covers anyways.

She lifted the window open carefully, being cautious not to make any noises.

This wasn't creepy- Dick was her best friend. This didn't count as stalking... right?

Barbara climbed into his room, shutting the large window behind her. Damn his room was fucking huge...

Well, compared to her room at least.

Either way, Dick wasn't anywhere to be found. Maybe he'd come back upstairs? Whatever. She was going to sit and wait. If she needed to she'd search the whole manor.

---
Meanwhile downstairs
---

"You are to stay here. No leaving the manor. You cannot-"

"Grab the public's attention... I know Bruce." Dick interrupted, irritably. "They can't know I'm supposed to be thirteen, which makes no flipping sense by the way. I'm eight! Almost nine!" He added. Bruce kept himself from rolling his eyes.