→ BABY SITTING ←

Author note: This is chapter two :) hope you enjoy. Please vote and/or comment if so. Thank you!!!

---

The older teenagers worriedly entered the briefing room, whereas Robin happily skipped in, unfazed by the Dark Knight.

"Batman, hi!" He cheered, running over to Batman.

The teenagers shifted awkwardly in their positions when Batman's glare sharpened, and a gruff voice asked, "what happened?"

"Well... We were gathered in the recreational room when... Um... Robin walked in like this." Megan briefly explained, pausing nervously as she spoke.
"I asked him a few questions- ID and all, and it's actually him." Wally added.

Robin scoffed. "Well of course it's me, who else would I be?"

Connor rolled his blue eyes in annoyance. "Is there any possible way you could become more arrogant?"
"Ha. Wannabe Superman knows sarcasm! Also, I prefer the term confidence." Robin replied with a devilish grin.

"I'm not a wannabe!" Connor nearly shouted, receiving a harsh glance from Kaldur.

Batman cleared his throat. "Robin, we will need to perform DNA tests. Come with me."
"Alright Bats. No needles, right? I hate needles." The small boy asked casually, following his mentor into the medical bay.

The team waited in the debriefing room, in silence. What was there to say? Robin was now an arrogant, annoying little eight year old. Why state the obvious, when they already knew?

---

Batman walked out a few minutes later with an overjoyed Robin jogging next to him.

"I told you it was me!" He cheered happily, and then turned his gaze to Rocket and smirked.
"Stupid kid." Rocket mumbled under her breath, glaring.

Connor silently praised his super hearing, and smiled.

Artemis, Megan, and Zatanna were fawning over how adorable he was, ignoring the irritation from their other teammates. Wally was frustrated, Rocket and Connor were triggered, and Aqualad was annoyed- by far. Batman noticed this, and an idea popped up in his brilliant bat-brain.

"You will be taking care of Robin, I have business to attend to." He ordered, and left for the zeta tubes.

Robin would not have it.

"No! Don't leave me with these strangers Batman! Please." Robin begged, tugging at the older's cape.
"You already introduced yourself to them." Batman pointed out.
"Oh... Right."

Batman gave Robin a look. The, "I-Have-A-Charity-Event-To-Attend-To" look, knowing he hated attending those events with Bruce. They were dull, stupid, and downright boring.

Robin paled. "Uhh... I'll... Stay here."

Wally chuckled, and the zeta tubes announced Batman's departure.

"Shall we check on the cookies, Robin?" Megan asked kindly, gesturing towards the kitchen.
He eagerly nodded. "Yes!"

---

The other teens followed the duo into the kitchen, not far behind.

Robin say on the countertops, swinging his legs back and forth and humming some kind of tune happily. Connor was getting way fed up by this kid. He wanted their Robin back.

"Isn't he so cute?" Zatanna whispered to Artemis. The two were sitting on one of the green sofas, watching as Megan carefully pulled the freshly baked cookies out of the hot oven.