ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

That day was a blur...

     I was dead tired but my dad had an Itinerary of things he needed to do and I was just to stay in the car and not get out, just like the old days. The only thing he let me do was  help him take stock on the small shipment of drugs. These are the times I wish I was a careless kid. No worries and no responsibilities. Life's different in mafia though your trained from a young age if your born into it of course. All though my childhood was somewhat shitty the one thing I'm thankful is that I didn't have to go through all that.  I went to a public school, I played sports,  and I enjoyed the childhood that my mom gave me. It was her who wouldn't let my dad train me and wanted me to have nothing to do with the mafia. That never stopped him though he always tried but I refused.

     My dad had always been protective over me and I knew this was for the best. He has reasons for everything but I say they are excuses to keep me away from things.

     After everything was done we headed to our hotel. I rubbed my tired eyes as I trotted my way through the hotel following my dad to the elevator. As it slowly went up I felt my self growing more sleepy until it finally opened. I got out quickly then continued slowly dragging my feet to the door. The second dad opened the door I pushed past him heading straight to the room,  snuggling under the covers as I slowly drifted to sleep.

     I was woken up at 6 from the sound of my dad yelling at someone or something. I wrapped myself in the robe and walked towards the living area. My dad was on the phone and he looked pissed.

"THATS IMPOSSIBLE DIMITRI WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY WANT THEM? I MANAGED TO KEEP HER FROM BEING NOTICED. YESTERDAY WAS THE FIRST TIME SHES ENCOUNTERED  MEMBERS THE COBRAS FACE TO FACE... JUST FUCKING TRY AND FIND OUT WHAT THEY'RE PLANNING." He Yelled into his phone as he passed circles around the spacious living room.

     He was talking about me and I didn't want to hear things that I shouldn't of. I took a step back not wanting to interrupt his call. The floor creaked loudly and he glared in my direction. His whole demeanor changed in a split second he hung up the phone and hid away his anger with a fake smile.

"Morning sweet pea! Wake your brothers up and pack your bags back up, you are leaving to go home in 2 hours." He said and like that he went from being this scary man to the way I knew my dad.

"Is everything okay dad?" I asked as he kept glancing at his phone. There was very little eye contact.

He looked  down on his phone reading something "Fuck..sorry I meant no your in danger here and a liability to me right now, so you're going home where you'll be safer then you are here." he said as he rubbed his temple in frustration.

I didn't want to bother him anymore so I just nodded.

I walked back to the room and went to Max who was buried under all the covers his black curly hair was the only thing visible.

"Rise and shine sleeping beauty." I said as he softly snored.

"Max wake up!" I yelled still but there was still silence. I saw my water bottle on the dresser next to my bed so I grabbed it and unscrewed the cap.

I quickly pulled his covers down making him move his arm around looking for them. I tipped the water bottle over his face and he immediately arose.

"What the hell Skylar this better be important. It's so early," He said as it slurred together from yawning. He rubbed his eyes and stared at me

"Dad wants us to pack our things up we are going back home. Don't ask why but we leave in 2 hours sharp." I said and max just nodded and headed to the restroom. I went threw my bag looking for something decent to wear. I threw a white romper on and did my makeup in-front of this huge mirror in the room. I grabbed my small luggage from the ground and pulled it along with me