Chapter 21: Choke Me

《Song: Love the Way You Lie by: Eminem ft. Rihanna》

Marshall grabs my phone and reads the name then looks at me

"You're meeting your friend Darren in the middle of night?" He questions me but the fact that my phone is ringing and I haven't answered it yet is bugging me.

I should have just called Darren before I left to let him know if I was still coming. Then all of this bullshit wouldn't be happening.

"First of all it ain't in the middle of the night. It's after fucking 8. Kids are still out at this time, and second of all, why you acting so overprotective?"

"You know what, talk to him." He presses the answer button his self and puts the phone on speaker. Even though I wanted to grab it out of his hand I still did what he said, because I find all of this to be hilarious.

"Hey Darren." I say awkwardly. It feels like my Dad just caught me on the phone with a boy.

"Why did you take so long to answer your phone?" He asks and I look up at Marshall who is telling me not to tell him he's there.

"My phone was in the living room and I was in my room getting dressed. It takes sometime to get to my living room ya know?" I lied stupidly.

"Your apartment isn't that big but, I guess I get what you're saying, I'm leaving now so you better be leaving too though."

"I-" I was about to say something but Marshall cuts off me off.

"Listen dawg, Tassy is busy right now so you could leave without her." I cringe at the fact that Marshall is acting like my dad.

"Um, who the fuck is this?" Darren asks awkwardly almost making me laugh.

"Tassy's boyfriend. Who the fuck are you?" Oh shit. This is getting out of hand.

"Well damn, I almost thought this was her Dad bro, why you acting like you are?" Darren teases him.

"Dawg, just leave her alone she's staying with me tonight." I can see he's trying to keep his cool.

"Darren is just my friend Marshall." I say.

"Am I on speaker? Tassy baby I thought we were gonna fuck tonight." When he says that I feel my heart drop to my ass. I swear to God when I see this motherfucker again, he's dead.

I notice Marshall flip his shit before Darren even finished his sentence.

"Hold the fuck up! You better pray I don't find out who you are and where you live cause if I find my way there no one else is gonna see you after that. That's a promise." Marshall hangs up and throws my phone on the chair.

"What the fuck?" I say when I see my phone goes flying across the room. He better thank God my phone didn't hit the floor.

His hand wraps around my neck and pushes my back into the front door. I was expecting it to hurt but he didn't grab my neck tightly so I decide to take this opportunity to curse him out.

"Marshall what the fuck is wrong with you?" I scream.

"You! You're dressing up for other men without telling me shit!" He yells back.

"How was I supposed to tell you if you don't have a phone?" At this point my hand was gripping his own that was slowly tightening around my neck, trying to pry it away before I pass out.

"If you can't tell me. Then don't go!" He says as if it's obvious.

"You don't own me, and I'm not even dressed up I'm wearing a white tshirt for fuck's sake!" I'm fed up with his shit.

"Baby, relax." He calmly says to me out of no where.

"What the-" At this point I feel as though I'm going crazy. This nigga has his hands wrapped around my neck and he's telling me to relax? Is he Bipolar or something?

"Marshall you're hurting me!" I yell and tears start rolling down my cheeks. I was to busy crying and gasping for breathe for me to notice him trying to comfort me, but I did notice when his lips press against mine roughly.

 I was to busy crying and gasping for breathe for me to notice him trying to comfort me, but I did notice when his lips press against mine roughly

His kisses are rough and fast and he had loosen his grip on me, but his hands were still around my neck.

"I love you." He says through the kiss and I couldn't help but just let it happen. For some reason Marshall seems hurt and I don't know why, but I sure as hell know that I can't take an abusive relationship.

When he stops I gasp for air and for some reason, began crying even harder. Dating Marshall is one crazy rollercoaster ride.

"I'm so sorry Tassy. I honestly don't know what's happening to me." He lets go of my neck and examines it. I'm sure I have some bruises. I should kick him out but I can see there's something on his mind and I want to help him.

"I'm okay but don't ever do that again." I wipe my tears away and touch my neck, and boy did it hurt.

When he notices me wincing he grabs my hand and leads me to the couch to sit down.

He runs a hand down his face and sighs.

"Are you okay Marshall?" I ask despite me not being okay.

"No I'm not. I really need you right now baby." He grabs my waist and places me on his lap.

I nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck and place soft kisses down to his collarbone and chest. Then his cheeks and lips.

"What's wrong?" I stare into his blue eyes that looked as though they were red from crying. How could I not notice this before.

He kept his hands on my waist and I had mines wrapped around his neck.

"My Uncle Ronnie died today." When he said this all of the hurt that he was holding inside of him came out, and as the tears streamed down his face I wanted to my best to comfort him.

"Fuck. Marshall you could have just told me earlier." I hug him tightly and allowed him to cry into my tshirt.

"I don't know what to do with myself Tassy." He sobs, "he was one of my best friends and he killed his self, I couldn't even do anything to stop him."

Holy shit! I can't imagine what he's feeling right now.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry Marshall." I try to comfort him.

This is the first time I've ever seen Marshall cry and I don't really know how to react to it.

"I'm always going to be here for you. Always. I love you." and even though my neck hurts like a bitch and he nearly suffocated me to death, I don't think I could ever leave him.

"I love you too." He manages to say and he hugs me even tighter into him.

That gif and Title though 😂. I wasn't expecting this chapter to end up this way but it did so yeah...shit got dark.

Also CeCe__Lit encouraged me to update ☺