Chapter 26: Everything's A Mess

28th June, 2017

Belated Eid greetings, my lovely readers <3

"Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwaa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqoon (the pious)]."

[al-Hujuraat 49:13]

Chapter 26:

Everything's A Mess

Natasha, did you take me into The Mind Reader on Shamaaz's recommendation? - Anabya

Ummm... Why would you think that? - Natasha

I heard stuff from my Dean. - Anabya

I promised someone not to give out their secret. - Natasha

So it's him, isn't it? - Anabya

Why do I feel like you don't like Shamaaz? - Natasha

Natasha please answer my question. - Anabya

I asked you a question as well. - Natasha

Don't say it, it's alright. I got my answer. - Anabya

But I didn't get mine. - Natasha

*10 minutes later*

He's a good guy. - Natasha

'I DON'T CARE,' Anabya wanted to yell but gulping her emotions, she packed her bag and got out of class.

After the encounter with the Dean and upon having discovered the unexpected, Anabya did not know what to think. She knew humans were social animals and at some point of time in life, you needed to take help from those around you. But call it a negative trait, but she, hands down, absolutely hated taking favors.

She would go on to conquer the world alone but she'd shy away from asking for help. Yes, she had to change that about her and life would have been so much more bearable if she did, but this is how she had always been. And in a way, you couldn't blame her. Because every time you think good about humans, they leave you disappointed.

So when she found out the reason behind her getting into such a reputed institute for internship was Shamaaz, she was left disheartened.

Maybe she was being ungrateful, but she felt so horrible. This was suppose to be her thing, something that she had worked for and achieved. Among all her classmates, she was the only one to have got into TMR and she saw this as a huge success, it had boosted her self confidence.

But now to have found that she had gained that spot because of someone's recommendation, and that someone being Shamaaz of all the people in this big bad world, left her simply disappointed.

Could she not achieve anything on her own?

And come to think of it, the other side of the coin, she didn't know why Shamaaz recommended her. What devil possessed him to even think about helping her when she had been anything but nice to him? A tiny part of her heart softened at the action, but the bigger part was left confused and pained.

Why was life such a mess?

With these thoughts racing in her mind, she reached home to find it buzzing with activity.

"Assalamu alaikum," She mumbled and slumped on the chair, leaving her satchel on the ground and gulping water.

"Waiikumsalaaam! Beee Phop! Sissa! Sissa is coming!"