Chapter 25: Qadr Allah

27th May, 2017

"...Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. And when Allah intends for a people ill, there is no repelling it. And there is not for them besides Him any patron."

[Qur'an]

Chapter 25:

Qadr Allah

It is said that migraine is the third most common disease in the world. And as Anabya squeezes her eyes close, tangling both her hands on her forehead, she sympathizes with every one in seven person who undergoes this.

She had been looking forward to the weekend, more so because she had loads of pending dissertation work to finish but all her plans go flying in the air as she pulls the duvet closer to her.

It's a horrible, indescribable pain.

It's like a demon sitting in your head, and hitting a hammer on your brain. The cells repulse and fight, but they're too tiny to win over the strikes. It is a gory thing to say, but she feels like cutting her head and keeping it aside if she can just get away from it.

Loud noises, honking of vehicles and fake perfumes give her migraines. But today, on a sunny Sunday afternoon, she didn't know what had caused it. Or maybe she did not want to know.

She hated watching her mother upset but she was only human. She couldn't entirely forget the reason why she was rejected the last time and she did not want to be a human doll and be presented to the next family that came over.

She knew things happened this way but she did not understand what the hurry was. If there's one thing she was aware of, it's that from the time she could remember, her mother had hoped for all her children to be happily married. And it's funny in a way, to live a part of Pride and Prejudice. Only a part, of course, because obviously there's no Mr. Darcy.

So what's absolutely worse is the fact that there is no solution to this. Since she does not see her mother's solution of marriage as a solution, she does not know what to do. See, she is not against it, she will get married if she finds a good guy, but where and how exactly is she supposed to find him because she does not want to repeat the steps of the hunt.

So all in all, her mum's persistence had given her a migraine.

"Anabya, how are you feeling?" Aamina asked coming into her room.

"Pathetic."

Her sister sighed at the response, and gingerly pried her hand away from her head, sitting beside her outstretched legs on the bed.

"Here, have this," she said.

"I don't want to."

"It's either this, or a Dolo."

Despite her state, Anabya managed to sit up and took the cup of tea from Aamina's hand. She hated tea, she did not know why, but she didn't like the taste of it.

And what made her so mad is the fact that she loved coffee with all her heart and yet during a migraine, tea was the only thing that worked.

And of course, if it was severe, then she had to pop in a Dolo, and she is one who despised pills.

"In sha Allah, you'll feel better in some time and then once you're okay, please get dressed..."

Anabya sighed at the implication, and Aamina said, "Cheer up, Bee. Make dua and cheer up."

She took a sip, and said, "Despite our lengthy conversation that ended up in an argument, I can't believe mom still called them. What exactly is she going to do if I refuse to leave my bed when they come. What if I do not come in front of them while they await my presence?"