Chapter 3: My Aunt's House

Start from the beginning

To be able to become a pastry chef is my biggest dreams. I’ve wanted to become one as soon as possible that’s why I chose this academy. It has the quality of education I needed and France is the best place to open a cafe or a bakery.

I decided to put my bags at the third drawer because I only had four dresses and a skirt. So it would more likely fit in there more since I had only three bags. One backpack that I was going to use in the academy, a big shoulder bag that could fit a lot of things in case there’s a fieldtrip or something, and a small cross body bag.

After that, I put all my showering stuffs in the bathroom. Good thing Aunt Gemi’s shower has two glass shelves so mine would be at the bottom. Her two glass shelves are located inside the shower room and beside the shower. I put my toothpaste and tooth brush near the faucet.

I opened my luggage to check what else did I left and I saw my diary. I write in my diary every time I’m sad or something happy happens. Also, cooking recipes are written there but sadly, I still haven’t got any unique recipe of my own.

I suddenly heard the creaking of the door and when it opened, I saw Aunt Gemi with a hand of plastic bags.

“Let me help you.” I said as I stood up from the floor next to my luggage.

“No need, but thanks.” She said as she put down the plastic bag on the counter.

Aunt Gemi and I decided to make dinner together to test how much I have learned in the past years in cooking.

We decided to cook skillet chicken mac and cheese.

“How do you cook that and what do we need? There’s a grocery near us if we don’t have something.” Aunt Gemi said.

I got my diary and flipped through the pages where the skillet chicken Mac and cheese is written.

“Hmm, 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast...do we got one?” I asked.

“That we don’t have. Actually, my refrigerator has nothing since I don’t cook that much. What else so that I can buy it at the nearby mall.” Aunt Gemi said.

“Hmmm, 8 ounce package elbow macaroni, 2 and a half cup of chicken broth, olive oil, zucchini, onion...oregano, tomatoes, cheddar cheese. What do we have?” I asked.

“We have an onion, olive oil, tomatoes, cheese, and chicken broth. But I don’t have the macaroni and chicken breast. Then I’ll go down and buy.” Aunt Gemi said getting her shoulder bag again.

“I’ll come with you.” I said.

“No need, just do the preparations first. I’m starving.” Aunt Gemi said as she waved goodbye and closed the door.

I took out some bowls and started to cut the onion and later the tomato.

I took some measuring cups from the closet above me and started to measure the chicken broth. After that, I picked a few oreganos because I don’t like them that much but it adds savour to the food so I really have to include it.

After 10 minutes, Aunt Gemi came back and I started heating the skillet I saw on the dishwasher.

Skillet is used in cooking steaks and other meats just so you know.

I first put a bit of olive oil so it won’t be oily.

After that, I put the boneless skinless chicken breast in the skillet and started to hear sizzling sounds.

“What’s next?” Aunt Gemi asked.

“Is that 8 ounce of macaroni?” I asked.

“Yes.” Aunt Gemi said.

“Pour it all in.” I said as I motioned a bit to the side so Aunt Gemi could pour it.

After that, I put the broth then the zucchini, onion then oreganos.

I reduced the heat of the stove and flipped down the chicken.

I covered for a while the skillet and readied the tomatoes and cheese. I opened the cover after a while then stirred the ingredients. I waited for the macaroni to soften and when it did, I poured the tomatoes and cheese from a bowl to the skillet.

I stirred it again for about four minutes then done.

I closed the stove and put it in another plate for Aunt Gemi and me.

Actually, I could make 6 servings with this but I can eat actually already 3 since this is just few and Aunt Gemi could also eat 3 bowls. She likes to eat you know.

“I can’t wait to eat this all up! They look so scrumptious!” Aunt Gemi said getting two spoons from the drawer below the dishwasher.

I poked the fork in the macaroni and started eating away.

“So is it good?” I asked Aunt Gemi and couldn’t understand what her face says.

“Well, it’s good. Actually, very delicious. But..I think you lack something.” She said as she tried eating more.

“What is it?” I asked.

“I don’t know..I can’t explain. The taste is very delicious though. Don’t worry, you’ll know it when you start classes next week. Don’t be down because of that. We Finn’s having strong hearts and nothing will keep us down!” Aunt Gemi said while raising her left arm.

I giggled.

After eating two bowls of mac and cheese and Aunt Gemi eating four bowls, we washed the dishes and decided to call it a day because we were so tired from splashing water at each other while rinsing the bowls and from telling stories to each other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, this chapter is so looooong! Don't worry, the next chapter is just short!:>

Also, next chapter is where the fun starts!:))

So, do you like Aunt Gemi? :) Please do tell me what you think!:))

I'll be posting the picture of Aunt Gemi as Maria Canals- Barrera :>

-SmileyKari :>