Chapter 3: My Aunt's House

Start from the beginning

There was a small kitchen on the right side of the house, a small living room on the left, two rooms and a bathroom.

The other room is where her studio is. You know, for making models pose and she’ll picture them.

“Is it okay for you to sleep with me? Or you want to sleep in a sofa bed?” She said leaning into the living room.

I checked out the living room and saw a big sofa bed. It was light blue in color. It looks very comfortable you know.

“I think you should sleep in the sofa bed. I have an air conditioned house anyway. And you’ll sleep better than in my single bed. It’s hard. Real hard. Metal hard.” I see her eyebrows going up and down.

I just laughed because I know she’s exaggerating but that was Aunt Gemi’s fun side you know.

“Oh and don’t worry, I bought you something you’ll like.” Aunt Gemi said.

“What was it?” I asked in excitement. Aunt Gemi was one of my best aunts you know. She likes to give gifts and not to brag but, she’s my favourite niece. Since I wasn’t such a headache plus we both like to gossip about photography’s. I like looking at paintings I don’t know why. It just relaxes my mind.

“Close your eyes! No peeking Lauren! Or else it’ll be mine.” She said as I closed my eyes and let darkness filled my sight as Aunt Gemi’s voice got more distant as she talked. I could hear some creaking noise somewhere but I can’t tell what she’s moving. After a few more minutes, the sound stopped and she told me to open my eyes.

As I open my eyes to light again, I saw a wooden cabinet. I mean, the cabinet was on the side then there were shelves on the right side top beside the cabinet and a table below the shelves. It was a study table and I love it!

“Oh my..Aunt Gemi, you’re the..” Before I could finish my sentence she finished it for me.

“Awesome? Cool?” She said raising her eyebrows again.

“The best!” I shouted and hugged her so tight that she yelped a bit.

“Okay okay, now, you could study here and put your clothes here. Oh don’t worry; I’ll place it near the window so you could see the view of the city at night. Even though we’re at the third floor, you’ll see an amazing view of France when night comes. Well, I live it to you okay? I have to go to work now. I’ll call you so don’t go out of the apartment yet okay? I’ll be back about two hours later.” Aunt Gemi said as she hurriedly kissed me on the cheek and got her shoulder bag and her camera hanging by on her neck and got out of the house.

I started to unpack all my things and decided to arrange my clothes in three kinds since there are three drawers. First drawer which is the most top would be for all my T-shirts. Second drawer would be my pants, knee-length pants and shorts. Third drawer would be for my dresses and skirts.

Now for my bags...I’ll be staying in France for four years or more. Actually, the academy made my papers to be able to stay here and be able to have a residence. So I could actually live and work here in France. My family are all in the Philippines actually but I studied in Taiwan with my cousins and I tried taking a test for this academy. I studied so hard to get in and finally, they sent me an email saying I was able to pass the entrance exam!

I bought a backpack at Taiwan for my classes at the academy. It’s not big but not small, just average. It has leopard paws design and the strap is color pink! My favourite! It fits my notebooks and pencil case that has a design of a sheep! I know, I think like a kid but when I study, it looks like I’m a professor or a business woman counting cheques. Yes, that’s how serious I am when it comes to studying.