Chapter 2

~Next Morning~

For once I woke up in peace and quiet. Lucas was right beside me. Somehow he got into my bed last night. I checked the time and it was 11:05am. I got up and stretched, walking towards my bedroom door. As I walked downstairs, I saw that there was trash and broken glass everywhere. Doug, my father, was nowhere to be found. My mother, Anna, was drunk already. She started to yell at me, but I didn't listen to her. She was nicer when she was sober. I started to clean up the house before Lucas woke up. Once I was finished, I went to my room. Lucas was getting up.

"Can we do something today?" He whined, "Yes, what do you wanna do?" Lucas thought for a minute then he started smiling from ear to ear.

"How bout' we go to Times Square?" I nodded and told him to pick out his outfit and take a shower. As Lucas did that, I went to the kitchen to make egg sandwiches for us. There was Doug, leaning against the counter. "I see you cleaned up here" Doug stated., I nodded and started to grab the stuff I needed. but he blocked me from getting the bread.

"Hmm who gave you that bruise on your face? Oh wait...that was me." He started to laugh out loud. When I tried to reach for the bread again, he grabbed my face and pushed me against the counter.

"If you tell anyone that I gave you that bruise, you'll pay."

"Calm down, I didn't tell anyone." I hissed.

"Talk to me like that again and we're going to have problem.” Doug spat.

I didn't say anything else. After a minute passed by, he let go of me while mumbling something that I couldn't even comprehend.When Lucas came out the shower,I was done making the egg sandwiches. I went to go take a shower and got dressed with the usual outfit: white shirt, black ripped jeans, and black vans. It was sunny out so I wore a pair of black Ray-Bans. Lucas, of course, was wearing a navy blue captain america t-shirt, black jeans, and converse.

As I was finished putting foundation on the bruise, Anna came in and looked at me. "Where do you think you’re going?" She hissed. I didn't say anything because I didn't wanna start a problem. I’m starting to think every word that comes out my mouth is a problem starter.

"I said, where are you going?" She got closer to me but I stepped back. "Come on Nick, I'm ready, Let’s go." Anna started yelling at me but I blocked her out again, grabbing the keys to my own car this time. My car was a simple navy blue truck, nothing special.

~Going To Time Square~

"Are we there yet?" Lucas whined.

"Nope. There’s a lot of traffic. I say we’ll be there in twenty -"

"HOUR !!"

"Noooo, Minutes, calm down" I looked at Lucas like he was crazy. We both started to burst out laughing.

~Time Square~

The first thing we did was go to Wonka's Candy Shop and buy a lot of candy. After that, we just walked around watching people. They were either rushing to their jobs, missing their cabs, having fun, or there for the first time. Lucas decided he wanted to sit on one of the tables outside. We did, but I ended up bumming into someone and landing on my ass.

"I'm sorry I did-, wait" The guy paused for a minute. I somewhat recognized his voice but couldn’t put my finger on it.

"You’re the lady from the cafe shop." I looked up to be face to face with a pair of familiar green eyes. I did recognize him...I embarrassed myself in front of him. I began  to play dumb  because I didn’t want him to remember me.

"Uhhhhh I don't know what you’re talking about, I-"

"Don’t play dumb with me." The man teased, helping me up.

"My name is Jason." He stuck his hand out. "What’s your name?" I shook hands with him.

"Linda".

"Nice to meet you, Linda. Who's your son?" I stared at him wide eyed.

"Whoooooooooooa there, that's my brother." Jason started chuckling and for some reason I felt like I could trust him but I was still cautious.

"Well..." He said, now looking at Lucas. "What’s your name little fellow?"

"Lucas, Lucas Evans"

"Hey Lucas, Wanna see a magic trick?" I rolled my eyes, knowing he probably was going to pull money out of his ear or something. Instead he crumbled a piece of paper and opened his hand to reveal a small white bird.

"How long have you had that bird up your sleeve?" I asked jokingly, before laughing, Jason snickered.

"A few days. I'm glad he didn't die." I started to laugh and so did Lucas. Lucas started to bother me saying he wanted to go next to the water

"PLEASSSSE!" Jason just smiled at me.

"Can I come? I have nothing better to do." Jason asked sheepishly.

"Sure." I said, smiling. As we reached our destination, Jason and I sat on the bench while Lucas was by the railing.

"So...Why did you have a bandana on your face the other day?" I didn't want to tell him what really happened so I just lied.

"Oh you know ... Just fashion .." There was an awkward pause but he spoke again.

"Really?" He gave me what I call “The Look”, knowing that I was lying to him but he brushed it off. Something was different about him. I can’t put my finger on it. He's different and I kinda like that. Jason caught me staring again and I looked down, blushing a deep red.

"I see you’re enjoying the view." He teased, smiling charmingly at me.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°¤

I'm So Sorry Guys That I Didn't Update In A Minute I Was Just Out Of It Idk

But I Apologize :)) Enjoy