"Why?"

Recap:

"What's your name sweetie?" Lauren ask all of a sudden feeling very protective of the small frightened girl.

"C-Camila...." she whispered

••••

Chapter 3

Camila. Lauren thought to herself as she stared at the small girl who still sat on the ground.

Lauren reached her hand out for Camila to hold. "Come on sweetie." She just wanted to get the girl out of here and somewhere safe. But she also knew that she was going to have to call the police. She couldn't just leave the poor girl here with nowhere to go.

"Where we go?" The small girl asked as she slowly gave Lauren her hand.

Lauren sighed as she looked into the girls eyes. "Don't worry Camila, where going somewhere safe."

"Safe?" Camila asked as her eyebrows Lauren nodded her head as she felt the grip on her hand tighten.

"Yes, safe. So you can't get hurt anymore." The small girl only nodded as she put her head down.

"B-but what about my mommy? Her no safe here."

Lauren opened her mouth to speak but before she could say anything she saw a bright light and someone started to yell.

"Camila!" The small girl jumped at the sound of her fathers rough voice. She stopped walking and quickly gripped Lauren's hand more.

Lauren could literally feel the small girl shaking behind her.

"Get your ass back in this house!" Camila whimpered at the sound of her fathers yelling. Lauren knew that must have been her father, seeing as how Camila was so frightened.

"No let me go. Him hurt me." Camila spoke softly as she started to cry. By Lauren was now stuck in a hard place. She of course wanted to take Camila with her, away from this man. But how could she. Lauren couldn't just take her away from her father, even though she knew it was the right thing to do.

When Lauren didn't respond immediately, the small girl started to cry and pull away from her.

"No, no Camila don't cry." Lauren said in a rushed tone. "Look at me Camila." Lauren said as she took the small girls face into her hands to get her attention.

"Camila, I promise I'm gonna come back for you in the morning." Camila only looked down as her lips started to tremble.

"Come on don't cry baby. I'll be back first thing in the morning and you can come stay with me. I promise you."

The small girl sniffed back her tears as she nodded slowly.

"Ok, just go in the house and lock yourself in your room." Lauren rushed out as she looked back up to see if Camila's father was still there. When she say that he was no longer there she sighed but noticed he left the door open.

"I promise I'm coming back for you."

"O-ok, but what if him hurts me?" Lauren sighed and thought for a second. And just the thought of something bad happening to Camila, hurt Lauren. She really couldn't take any chances "No, you know what come on I'm taking you with me now."

"Let's get you out of here." Lauren said as she grabbed ahold of Camila's small hand and rushed off towards her house.

***

A/N

Hope you all enjoyed🙃thanks so much for reading/voting❤️

If you have any thoughts on where this story should go from here...then let me know please😇