Grace

Do you know how everyone has a clear-cut picture of how their life is? Well, mine is anything but that. Perhaps I should give you some backstory so that you get an idea of what I'm talking about here.

Many, many years ago, in a land far, far away, there was this princess, and she married this prince. They lived happily ever after, the end. Just kidding, I wish life was that simple, but it's not.

Anyway, you may remember a girl named Hope who is deaf and a boy named Ace who is not. Those nutty people are my parents. It seems Dad and Mom started a family early, as a senior year.

They married after they found out that I would be an addition to the family and still married to this day. Dad says, or does something Mom doesn't like, and she has no qualms about letting him know it. She may be deaf, but she is still feisty as always.

After I came along, things became hectic, especially with Dad going into the family business along with my two uncles. You may remember them, Chase and Brax. Okay, so they aren't officially my uncles, but that's how I know them.

Then you have my other two uncles married to each other and have a little boy. Elijah is also deaf, but Charlie is not. Yeah, our family is weird.

My grandparents on my dad's side have always been a part of my life, and I love them to pieces. My grandparents on my mom's side, I have no clue about them. All I get from anyone is they abandoned my mom and uncle when they were young, don't ask, don't tell.

Then there's me, my parents' pride and joy. I am an only child. When I asked Mom and Dad about a sibling, their answer is always something different. I think Mom didn't want to go through the pain of having another one of me. Yes, I was a handful.

I think I ended up in the emergency room more than any kid. They also questioned my parents if they had something to do with my injuries. That didn't go over well with Dad. It wasn't until my parents made the staff watch me. Just walking, I tripped over my two feet. Yeah, I wasn't very graceful, which reminds me, you're probably wondering what my name is. My name is Grace Morgan and trust me. I'm anything but graceful.

The one thing I'm graceful at is dancing. I can float on my feet like there is nothing, so my parents enrolled me into a dance. Plus, I love it more than anything. Do I want to be a professional dancer? Nope, but for now, this will work.

Now the one thing I do want to make clear, I am nothing like my parents. I'm not into causing fights, and no, I'm not deaf, just a klutz. I do have two best friends in the form of Anthony Holiday, who is Brax's son, and Zackery Bradley is Chase's son. Then there is my cousin Sean Morgan, who my uncles adopted.

Shortly after my parents found out they were expecting me, my two uncles got some poor girls pregnant. Those relationships didn't last long, and the boys stayed with their dads. Their mothers weren't precisely your picture-perfect motherly type, and since that all happened, Mom took on the role of Mom to them and Sean.

It wasn't so bad growing up with everyone; it had its moments, and life isn't always black and white, there's still grey somewhere in between.

Hopefully, with a Touch Of Hope along the way, I can find my path. You heard my mom's story, here's mine.

My name is Grace Morgan, and is this is my story.