The story begins!

Hello people! Here I am with another story. Thank you for checking it out. Please do hit the star ⭐️ if you like it!! And share your precious reviews.

Don't worry there's no manan Separation here!!
********

'Kabhi library me, toh kabhi canteen me.

Kayi mili, par tum nai..

Par tumhe kya hai, tum aram se beth k TV dekho.

Log in to jeevansathi.com~ to find a perfect match! Be found!'

The flat screen in our living room flashes a death trapping commercial.

"Suniye, iss website pr Nandani ki profile banate hai." My mom's voice fell into my ears which was particularly only intended for my dad who had his eyes engraved into the newspaper with his reading glasses on. My dad just hummed and I rolled my eyes and concentrated on in my book again.

I silently move my hand towards the samosa in the plate, which according to my mother 'legitimately' belongs to my father, and which my father was not interested in. My father wasn't a big fan of samosas, but I, I loved food more than my life. I always wanted to be a chef.

Well,  okay not always but yes at some point of my life I did wanted to.

Just as I was going to pick up the samosa, I felt a sharp slap over my palm. "Aauuchh!! Mummy.."

"What mummy, don't you dare eat that." And there she goes again.

"Look at your Nandu, you eat all day. It won't take long for this waist to become wear house. All day you keep eating something or the other.  Shaddi karni hai ya nahi tumhe?"

"Nahi.. nahi krni shaddi. Papa look at her na, tell her something..." I crippled.

"What is your papa going to tell me. You are turning 23 this year. Nandani, suman's girl got married at 21, and look how happy she is! Did I tell you to get married so early, no na... and ek bar umar nikal jati hai to ache ladke nai milte." My mother's intentions of me getting married are way too much adamant this time.

The last time this marriage cyclone laded on me, when Shusma aunty's Neetu got married.  The fact that she got married at such a young age was because she wanted to and just because she is slim AF , and her spotless face and her I-can-carry-any-dress-attitude and didn't give a shit about log tables.

Her marriage was such a nightmare to me. Just because she is our neighbour doesn't mean that half of her wedding responsibilities are our wedding responsibilities. She is that typical girl who goes on buying lingerie,from vishwanath gali and even from there she bought that chep(specifically chep- not the Victoria secret type) red lacy lingerie. And guess what, she took me along with her and on top of that she was all the way bragging about her to- be- husband's possessiveness, which to me sounded completely pathetic.

"Mummy, what shaddi shaddi shaddi. Dad please tell her na..." dad is the only shield in this cyclone.

"Beta, she's right. What is the problem? And we are just talking about seeing some boys, aisa to hai nai k pehla ladka dekhenge aur shaddi krva denge..." my father said casually, still turning pages of his newspaper.

"Papa aap bhi...." I said unbelievably.

"Dekh beta agar koi hai tere life me,you can tell us. Trust me your papa is not that orthodox.." my father said it with a laugh just to not make it weird, but this time he folded his newspaper and kept in on the table, and it showed it's an important conversation.