Chapter Nineteen: The Letter

Start from the beginning

So to basically put it, her mother isn’t really her mom, but her stepmom. Sean and Shaelon were her stepsiblings. Her dad took her away to protect her real mom and he’s gone.

I guess Aesha really felt guilty about hurting Shaelon. Ellie was her stepmom and she cared for her like she did with her own children.

Speaking of her family, Shaelon’s still in the hospital and Sean was living alone in their house. Their mom had been staying in the hospital ever since and was taking care of Shaelon.

If I was in Aesha’s situation, I would’ve felt guilty and hurt about it, too. But I won’t ever leave the one guy who I fell in love with.

Stupid, she doesn’t love you!

She does, too.

She doesn’t!

She does!

Then explain how’s you get friend zoned, huh?

She was lying when she said that. When she said all of those things.

Was she?

Did Aesha really mean those words? The words that caused me to get mad at her. I can’t think of a reason why would she say that if she really loves me. I wanted to believe that she likes me.

I put back the letter on the top of my drawer. I sighed, leaning against the wall. Why did she have to run away?

Then there was a knock on the door.

“Come in,” I said. In came my sister.

“Hey,” she sat on the edge of my bed.

“What do you want?” I snapped in an annoyed tone. I wanted to be alone right now, thinking about Aesha.

“She’s going to be okay, you know,” Cylene assured me, as if reading my thoughts.

“I love her,” I said absentmindedly.

“Just hold on for a while, Cole. She’ll come back.”

But she didn’t understand. She only knew Aesha ran away for three reasons: she was broken hearted, she hurt Shaelon, and the letter. But she was missing out on another two reasons: Brent wasn’t her friend anymore and the twins fighting.

She didn’t understand at all.

“I want her back now,” I demanded. But Cylene only sighed, “There’s no use looking for her, Cole. If she wants to be gone, then let her be.”

“You said that because you did the same, right?” I asked. Whenever she had heavy problems, she would run away from home. She wouldn’t come home until a few weeks or so. The longest she’s been gone was a couple months.

“If she won’t be back in a month, then you can track her down.” She said.

“Well, why do we have to wait for a month!?”

“She’s fine.”

I crossed my arms, “You don’t know how much she’s important to me, Cy. I love her.”

“You think I’m not worrying, too? Cole, I’ve known Aesha all my life. I know how she is and I know she’ll be fine! I’ve known her longer than you.”

I wanted to believe my sister but she was the girl I loved. Why the heck wouldn’t I be worried?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Aesha’s POV

Stupid.

Stupid.

Stupid.

Well, yeah, I’m not that stupid to hide in the cave where they’ll probably look for me. But I’m stupid to run away.

Was it a stupid decision?

Hell yeah.

Did I regret doing this?

Heck, no.

I didn’t bring anything but the last clothes I wore, my phone and – definitely – myself. Of course they’d try to call me in my phone so I turn it off and there came a day (three days ago) which I froze it and smashed it in frustration. My clothes weren’t a problem because I could always wash them with my powers without taking them off (cool, right?) and the winter season and my powers are enough to keep me alive without eating anything. I brought some cash, though, in case I needed it.

I was so hurt when I read that letter from dad. I already burst into tears the day I read it. Mom, or my stepmom, cared for me and treated me nicely and then I go around hurting my stepsister. I deserve to be far away from them and suffer alone. I was the reason my dad died and the reason Shaelon would probably die.

Now, two weeks after leaving my life, I’m here out of San Francisco and into cities I didn’t know about. I relied on my powers to protect, keep me safe and help me live. Though, I decided to use my powers only when I needed them so I couldn’t cause any more accidents.

Where to go to?

I have no idea.

What to do?

Just survive alone.

Why I did it?

To avoid hurting other people I love, even if it means leaving Cole.

No, I won’t be like Elsa who left and came back, anyway. Unlike her, I’ll be gone. I’ll be far away and I won’t let anything or anyone stop me.

Goodbye, old life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ha, LOL. It’s Aesha’s turn to have a short POV XD. What do you think will happen, tho?

It's just a filler Chapter so you know what's in that envelope. Sorry if it sucks….:/ 

But I'm sure you will loooooove the next chapter. Huehuehuehue.....you will absolutely love it. And get ready for some drama!!! *saying that in a singsong voice*

Wait for update! Oh, and here's your update wish Mikay ella.

-Vireen