Chapter Nineteen: The Letter

Depuis le début

“But you can’t argue with Cylene,” I had a point there.

She rolled her eyes, “Of course you can’t.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks…two weeks of January is over and Aesha’s still missing. There were many nights I can’t sleep without thinking about her and how I was partly the reason she left. She’s gone now. And the two weeks felt like eternity.

 Every night I would read the letter in the envelope and hoped she would just come back to me. Every night I read her last words since she left.

I lay on my bed, thinking how I hurt her. But she wouldn’t be hurt unless…

Did she really love me?

Or was she mad at me that she left?

I have no idea. Though, whatever she thinks of me, I want her back. I want her back so bad. After Kennedy read out loud the letter, Cylene and she told me about how Aesha was the reason her father died.

Jeez, why would she go running off like Elsa did?

I picked up the smooth white envelope from the top of my drawer and pulled out the neat paper inside: the letter. In it was a sophisticated handwriting and the paper smelled like mint and strawberries.

My Sweet Little Ice Queen,

            If you’re reading this, then I’m probably gone. Forever. I told your mother to give this letter to you by the time I pass away. I’m not sure if she’ll really do it, because she knows it will hurt you. Though I am gone, I’ll always be right by your side, watching you.

            Look, I know how dangerous your powers are. I know it could hurt the people you love, including me. It ran in my family’s blood and then it reached to you. I was always scared to have a child because I already knew that the powers are deadly.

            But then I met your mother. She’s always cheery and happy with her brown eyes and hair. She looked like you, a lot. We got married, but I was still hesitating about having a child. One night, I explained to her about the powers. At first, she didn’t seem to believe me.

She finally convinced me and then we had you. But your mother had a hard time with you in her womb. She got sick, I was afraid she would die. But she was strong and when you were born, an accident happened. As a baby, your powers went crazy. Sleepless nights went by, taking care of you. But your mother didn’t hate you at all. She cared for you well even if she had to suffer.

            Then I can’t stand anymore seeing your mother sacrifice so much. I took you away and cared for you. I divorced with your mother and – thankfully – she agreed to do it. I know she misses you, Aesha.

And then I met Ellie. I didn’t really plan on having a second wife. But she insisted even though I told her about you. You were just a year old then. Ellie and I got married and had the twins.

I’m sorry if I’m giving you a hard time about being dead. I hope Ellie’s caring for you and the twins. I know you can control those powers of yours, Aesha. I believe in you and always be strong, my little ice queen.

                                                                                  Love,

                                                                             Daddy