Chapter 10

*authors note* a lot of you are wondering on what happened to Sophie and ashley. Its the same person guys. Hannah was the girl Hayes met at the mall, but he lied and said her name was Sophie. Same with ashley. Also, cutting is mentioned in this chapter, and in no way am i trying to offend anyone or be stereotypical. If it bothers anyone PLEASE tell me and i will remove it. Thank you!

As the words escaped my mouth the room started to spin. I just told Hayes i was in love with him. I didn't know whether to feel relieved for getting that weight off my chest or if i should feel regretful for telling him.

"You're..in love with me?" Hayes asked looking me in the eyes.

Before either of us could say anything, Hayes phone went off. Without breaking eye contact, he took it out of his back pocket. As he read the message, his eyes started to water, and his eye brows furrowed in disappointment. His gloomy expression then turned to anger.

"Whats wrong?" Shawn asked as all eyes in the room fixed themselves on Hayes, trying to gather any information we could.

Hayes ran his fingers through his messy hair as he sighed in disbelief. "Its all your fault, Nash! You just had to kick Hannah out. Not only does she assume I'm hanging out with utter jerks, but that i have feelings for Jessica. She dumped me and it's all your fault."

I felt myself start to lose it. I couldn't help but cry. Just as i was about to run away from my problems how i always do, Hayes grabbed my arm.

"Where do you think you're going? You're not innocent either. You just had to be all over me how you always are, going along with your own assumption that were a thing. Everyone on social media is bashing her all because they thought I was dating you. Thanks soo much Jessica. I hate you.."

"You..what?" I felt my wrists start to burn. A voice in my head started yelling at me to cut. My one real friendship is crashing before my eyes, i ruined a relationship, and social media has me stuck in the middle of this drama. I just need relief. I put my head in my hands and started to walk away. I heard Hayes mutter under his breath "oh my i cant believe i just said that." Then in an instant, mutters turned into angry screams from the boys. They were mad at Hayes for hurting me and were taking it farther than it needs to be. But i didn't care. I don't want this life anymore.

I ran to the bathroom and pulled out my razor from my toiletry bag. Right as i was about to collide the blade onto my skin, the bathroom door slammed open. Unexpectedly, I saw Hayes standing there shocked as i slowly yet forcefully put the blade to my skin. Before i could even make a dent, Hayes grabbed my arm and the razor. More tears rolled down my rosy cheeks. What was he doing?

"Give me my razor!! Let me bleed and suffer! It will be just what you always wanted!" I yelled barely able to catch my breath.

He handed me the razor and lay his muscular fore arm in the palm of my hand. "Jessica, if you are going to cut anyone, its gonna be me. Either you can put the razor away, or look me in the eye while you cut my wrists." I dropped the razor on the ground and just stood there crying in his arms. "And Jessica..i don't hate you. Im actually in love with you too."