Chapter 2

Chapter 2 *Jessica's p.o.v*

Hayes and i walked up the stairs to his room in silence. As i walk in the room i notice there is only one bed.

"Where am i supposed to sleep..?" I ask looking at the floor.

"You can sleep in my bed. I can sleep on the ground." He said slightly smiling

"No Hayes you can't sleep on the ground all summer."

"Okay then we can sleep together..only if its okay with you" he said smirking

"Okay i dont care. I just wanna know why your being so nice to me? I thought you hated me?" I said with tears forming in my eyes. I couldn't help but tear up. I mean how would you feel if your best friend was talking to you after two long years of losing him?

*Hayes p.o.v*

She thinks i hate her and she is tearing up. I could never hate her. I needed to sit down and explain myself.

"Jessica..sit down please. We need to talk."

She sat down as far away from me as possible.

"I didn't mean to ditch you. I was just so caught up in having more friends and going to middle school that i forgot about what was really important. I knew if i went to you my image and reputation would be ruined. My ego got in the way, but this summer will be different. I don't need them. All i need is you. I want to be your best friend again."

*Jessica's p.o.v*

He wants to be friends again and spend summer with me. I knew i couldn't fully trust him yet, but i had to give him a chance.

"Okay..but it will take time for me to trust you again."

"I know. So how about we start by going to the small forest out back and sit in our secret tree like old times?"

I smiled. Maybe Hayes liked me and wanted to be with me how i wanted to be with him.

*sorry this chapter is so short! I will update tonight