I walked up the steps leading to the stage, my legs feeling like jelly. I could hear the crowd. I took a deep breath, and strode out onto the stage with as much courage as I could muster.

ohmygodohmygodohmygo-

the whole place was packed to the brim, and yet I was alone on the stage. just me, myself and I, yo.

"hello," Paulina said.

I would've screamed, I was fangirling so much.

"hi," I said instead. my voice boomed all around the room, and I winced a bit.

"what's your name, sweetie?" Paulina asked.

"Lea," I replied, my knees feeling like they were going to give way any moment.

"hi, Lea," Demi said.

my heart stopped.

Demetria Devonne Lovato was SPEAKING to me. and she SAID my NAME.

asdfghjkl.

"hi, Demi," I said, almost giggling.

"I really like your outfit," Demi smiled at me.

I nearly passed out. she LIKED my OUTFIT.

I was smiling so wide I'm not sure how my face didn't split in half.

"right, Lea, why do you want to audition?" Simon asked me, snapping me back to reality.

"um," I tried to think back to what I had said earlier while filming the backstory. "I've always loved singing and when I started watching this show last season I thought I might as well give it a shot."

"good girl," Kelly told me, smiling. "what are you going to sing?"

"Try, by P!NK," I said and the audience roared.

"the stage is yours," Simon gestured.

"thank you," I chewed my lip.

"where there is desire

there is bound to be a flame

where there is a flame

someone's bound to get burned

but just because it burns

doesn't mean you're gonna die

you gotta get up

and try, try, try."

it was going well, I was getting comfortable, the audience was clapping along, but suddenly Simon held up his hand, the music stopped, and my world came crashing down.

the crowd fell silent.

"um," he started. my eyes prickled with that familiar sensation, and I used all I had to hold it together.

"your singing isn't bad at all, Lea, and I was wondering if you had another song?"

my singing wasn't bad. okay, that was good. another song? oh!

"yes," I managed to reply. "Red, by Taylor Swift."

Kelly smiled and leaned forward, like she was anticipating my rendition.

"go on ahead," Simon said.

the music started up and I suddenly remembered what Demi had said in an interview: pick one person, and deliver the song.

I picked Demi.

"loving him was like

driving a new Maserati down a

dead end street

faster than the wind

passionate as sin

ending so suddenly"

the crowd was clapping along. Simon had a huge smile on his face, but I didn't know why and that was scaring me a bit.

I tried to continue singing, focusing on Demi and the emotion in the song.

I progressed into the chorus.

"losing him was blue like I never known

missing him was dark grey all alone

forgetting him was like

trying to know somebody

you've never met

but loving him was red

loving him was red"

this was it - time for the runs.

"re-eedddddd...." I stretched out the note.

"remembering him comes in

flash backs

and echoes

trying to tell myself it's time now

gotta let go

but movin on from him is

impossible

and I still see it all in my

head

burning red"

I took a deep breath and held a high note.

"burning red."

-------------------------------

A/N:

so this is Lea's audition!

I'm having a little dilemma, because I have loads of ideas for right now, and I kind of wanted this story to be like Lea's diary - especially the Neon Lights Tour but I have to let you guys know what happens in between Lea auditioning and her going on tour with Demi ;]

so please bear with me while I get the X Factor chapters written and hopefully we'll be able to catch up to tour!

xoxo