The Other Side Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

From the corner of my eye I could see that the car had reached the traffic light. My side of the traffic light was still red so their side of the light must be...

"Yo chica!" the guy in the driver's seat shouted. His voice was very raspy. I couldn't register what he looked like from the corner of my eye but I could tell he didn't look like a friendly guy, "I like the way you ridin that car." EW! Ok Dominique, just keep looking forward. Don't pay any attention to the assholes in the car.  

"You know, if you were a car I'd be riding you all night." As soon as he said that the light turned green. Finally! Before I sped of I gave him the figure. I could hear the other guys in the car from behind me laughing and making a bunch of noise. I fucking hate going past the "Traffic Light". It's like every time I have to pass it on my way to school or to pick up my girls I always get scared. Well, why wouldn't I? Springs Street is on the other side and well it's like the Detroit of Manchester. [Detroit is in fact the most dangerous city in America for those who didn't know] 

I let out a deep breath and turn the radio on to take my mind off the stomach-turning scene that just happened. I started to sing along with Hayley Williams and B.O.B as their new song blasted through my speakers.  

My wish right now would be that I'd never have to pass that "Traffic Light" again.

"Oh My Gosh! Look at us! I remember when we were just freshies and now we're freaking seniors!" Julie said as we got out of my car.

"This year is going to be the best. Parties, parties, and more parties." Riley shouted.

I still remember the first day of freshman year. I was extremely shy back then, one of the reasons why my grandma signed me up for self-defense classes. But now I'm not the little and shy Dominique I used to be. Not to brag but I am like one of the most popular girls, along with Riley and Julia. I guess I could say there bubbly-ness rubbed off on me.  

"Hells yeah!" I shouted back.

"Whoa there buddy. What happened to the Dom I used to know that had to study before even thinking about partying?" Riley asked.

I rolled my eyes. "She left a long time ago, babe. This year is all about having fun." we sat down on the picnic tables when we reached our usual spot: the North Court.

"Speaking of fun. . ." Riley watched as a couple of football players came over to us, one of them being Jake Yale, one of the hottest guys ever. Since the beginning of junior year me and him were tight like spandex. Ever since Jake became the Quarterback on the football team, Riley has had the hots for him. They would be the cutest couple ever!

"Hey." Jake said. He was tall and muscular, had messy but sexy brown hair, full lips, and blue eyes, a definite turn on for Riley. I could tell what she was thinking in her head.

"Hey." She said back. She twirled her long blonde hair around her index finger.

"I missed you." He smiled at her and then gave her a hug. They'd been talking since the end of last year.

"Ahm!" I jokingly cleared my throat. "So you didn't miss us?"

He laughed and pulled me and Julie into a bear hug, almost squeezing us to death. Damn he was strong. "Of course I missed you two!"

"Jeez! I didn't miss you that much!" Julie shouted when he let go.

"So you guys heard what's goin' down next Friday?" CJ Taylor, the other football player, asked. He was also tall and muscular, he had milk chocolate skin like me but darker, and his black hair was in a "David Beckham Fauxhawk" style. Might I say he got hotter over the summer.

"No, what?" Riley said.

"Well, the first game is next Friday, so we want to start the season with a bang. After the game Johnny Demrick is having a party at his place. It gonna be the shit." Jake explained and then sat down next to Riley. "You gotta come." He said to Riley.

"I'll think about it." She smiled.

I zoned out when they started talking about how drunk they were going to get and blah blah blah. I never drank before so I didn't really care.

I looked over to the South Court. Then I saw them. HG. They weren't hard to spot out. They each had a rusty red colored bandana some were on them and most of them had tattoos with words in Spanish or something prideful having to do with their country. I just kept on staring at the whole group. It was like I was trying to burn a whole through their backs as a double-payback from what happened with that guy earlier. Weird I know, but it's my way of payback. I do it cause I know I could never go up to a group of them and tell them off. When the bell rang I got my stuff and started to walk into school with the guys and noticed one of the HG was carrying a girl who was straddling him to the picnic tables in the South Court. I realized it was Antonio Hernandez, one of the cockiest guys in the gang, so I'm told from outside sources. Making out in the South Court on the first day of school instead of going to class? That's no surprise. 

________________________________________________________________________________

vote, comment, fan :) 

for those who are confused...

* when Dominique is at the 'Traffic Light' , shes at a four way traffic light. i'll post a pic so its not so confusing. 

* the front yard of manchester high is separated by 2 courts : the south court and the north court

and if your a little confused just ask lol

Adieu, (goodbye in French) 

<3 halicakes747 :)