𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 (𝐩𝐭. 𝐨𝐧𝐞)

Start from the beginning

The crowd roared in appreciation. Rose grimaced at the uproar. Did they have to be so loud? Her irritation immediately vanished when she noticed the Fairy Tail members up on the balcony, waving their arms wildly.

"Give them a thrashing, you guys!"

"Get some hits in for us, too!"

"Win this one for Fairy Tail!"

Rose felt a warm feeling welling up in her chest. Like that warm feeling, the one you get when you're wrapped up in a fluffy duvet with a warm cup of hot chocolate clasped between your hands. She felt content.

It was oddly addictive.

"This is it, ladies and gentlemen! The slayers are on the battlefield – now the only question is, who will be triumphant? The Fairies, or the Tigers?!"

"Everyone's dying to find out who will win! Remember, you only have 30 minutes!" the pumpkin man yelled into his microphone. Rose didn't like him, though why she felt that way was unknown. The phoenix slayer forced herself to stay calm, knowing that the match was a few seconds away from beginning. Being tense would slow her movements.

"Let the match... begin!"

Before the Sabretooth dragons could attack, Natsu and Rose were already gone. Rose grinned when her fist collided with the face of her opponent. Sting was flung back by Natsu, and the same went for Rogue.

Rogue looked bewildered, his expression quickly shifting from cool indifference to anger. He must have underestimated them.

Natsu was a blur of pink, sending Sting back a good few metres with a kick right to his stomach. Rose was, at this point, certain that the dragon slayers were underestimating Fairy Tail. Why else would they have been so shocked?

To be honest, the fact that they had been looking down on her guild had pissed her off... Rose shook her malicious thoughts away, keeping a sharp eye on Rogue.

Sting shot a white laser of energy at Natsu, though the salamander managed to dodge by a hair's breadth. One problem – Sting wasn't aiming for Natsu. The beam curved through the air straight at Rose. The phoenix slayer heard the sharp sound of something cutting through the air and leapt upwards instinctively.

She landed on the ground in a not-so-graceful manner, blowing her fringe out of her face with an annoyed huff.

"Shadow Dragon's Slash!"

Rogue spared her no time, swiping a ball of shadows straight at her face. Wrinkling her nose distastefully, the dark-haired girl slashed her arm to summon a wall of flames. His attack dissipated and he was forced to stumble away from the blisteringly hot inferno. Rose kicked him in the side after circling around the wall. The shadow dragon slayer was flung towards Natsu.

Natsu appeared from the dust cloud, dragging Rogue through the dust. The dragon slayer flailed around to free himself, but it was too late. Natsu leapt at Sting, using Rogue as a human weapon. The twin dragons were sent crashing into the far wall by a blast of flames.

"Woah!" Chapati exclaimed. "I can't believe what is happening right before my eyes! The illustrious Sting and Rogue, the twin dragons of Fiore's mightiest guild, have been overwhelmed by Fairy Tail!"

Rose flitted to Natsu's side as Sting pushed himself off the ground. She could hear the guild cheering them on.

"You guys are tough, that's for sure," Sting smirked and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. A smudge of blood stained his chin. "Makes it more fun."

Rogue was at his side again, having managed to pull himself off of the ground. "I wanted... to fight Gajeel! Why are you here instead?!"

Rose rolled her eyes at him. Natsu straightened his posture, his eyes glinting with a hidden resolve.