Chapter 45

"I am already home Rishab" she lied while still driving back home.

"Really? I am home but I can't see you anywhere" he said

Mayuri went quiet, so he was at home she never complied that and immediately countered "I just left home to meet someone at Women's orphanage"

She couldn't take a sigh of relief unless she hears back that he was convinced with the first lie she made to cover up her visit to Vicky Gujral.

"Oh, ok so when are you coming back?" he asked

She took a deep breathe, marking sure that he was now convinced but she swore herself not to lie further to him about anything else. All she wanted was to take away his work stress and recreate the designs that were ruined...

"Very shortly, ten minutes" she responded in a relaxed tone...not letting him guess if she was nervous. She knew Rishab would even make out from her voice.

"O.K. am waiting" he said and disconnected. She looked at the time that showed 6pm.

So she was in Vicky's office for almost an hour... bizarre but Maya destroyed the designs, anyhow that was something quite expected for that lady who would kill her own husband and tried to kill her mother-in-law.

She heard her phone buzzing... "Unknown number..." she gave a thoughtful look and stopped the car before answering the call.

"Hello"

"Ms Mayuri?"

"Yes, who's this?"

"Vicky Gujral...we met today"

She muse, how did he manage to get her number "oh yes, I remember"

"I just want to let you know, that you forgot your file on my desk today"

"My file?" Mayuri thought then recalled it must be her appointment dairy. "Oh that one"

"Yes, do you want me to deliver to it you?"

She panicked "no...I mean I will collect it tomorrow. That's alright" she wanted to hit herself for creating a mess for herself. There wasn't anything important in that silly dairy that she forgot on his desk. That was highly stupid of her.

"Are you sure?" he asked

She rolled her eyes looking at her phone, this man was such an idiot "yes please, I will collect it tomorrow, no hurry" she finally added a full stop "ok thank you Mr Gujral" she wanted to end the conversation.

"It's Vicky"

She couldn't believe he had so much time to talk over the phone "ok Vicky, bye" she said and waited for him greet her and get lost...

"Bye" he finally said and she instantly disconnected the phone...

Mayuri didn't pay much attention and headed off home...

--------------------------

"You look quiet" Rishab asked while taking a glass of wine and cosily looked at his wife standing near the huge desk with a pencil in between her lips.

Taking out the pencil from her mouth she drew another line across the bug white sheet with the help pf a scale "no Rishab, nothing like that. My mind is in the design that's all"

He sat on the couch with his eyes fixed on her, he was glad Mayuri was confident about her work and the way she was putting all her effort was immense "are these the designs for the next month's collection?"