Chapter 13

It was definitely not less than a nightmare for Mayuri, she didn't expected this to happen so soon. Only she knows how much she had to struggle with her family for her studies. They would have never let her enter school only if her mother didn't support her.

But now she would be married to some man whom she hardly knows and how would he agree for her studies. She cried bitterly sitting in the dark room. One thought came in her mind to run from this house, but then this cruel family will kill her mother.

She recalled him number of times during the whole week but couldn't take the sim out of her purse and put in her mobile. She knew he must have called her but she can't risk his life.

-----------------------

Rishab's whole mind was fixed on the stranger girl whom he spoke few days back. Ever since his marriage was fixed he didn't had any charm to see the picture of her would be wife.

He was marrying only because of his grandmother who raised him with so much love and care that even if he tried to fulfil her deeds he wouldn't be in this life.

He saw his family happily arranging all the things for his wedding.

The wedding was to be kept in Malikapur but the reception was in Mumbai. Maya wanted all her friends to attend the reception. For the wedding, they only chose few family members.

-----------------------------

On the day of the wedding

Rishab wore blue sherwani with golden works that was specifically designed for one of his designer friends. He walked downstairs, Durgeshwari watched her Grandson and asked Maya to quickly sit in the car as the drive was long.

During the whole journey Rishab kept thinking about her...deep in his heart he felt bad, what if she calls him some day and now he's getting married to someone else. His eyes fell on his family who were happy, for the first time both her mother and grandmother were happy. That means they both liked the girl...

As the car passed through the fields and entered the big house...it looked similar to an ancestral bungalow.... The moment Rishab kept his feet out two servants kept expensive carpet under his feet...

Surya Yadav stood in front of him folding hands "Welcome Son in law"

Rishab smiled and touched his feet for blessings...

Both the families met each other... Meena came with a big plate and the moment her eyes fell on Rishab she was relieved, she felt happy.

Surya Yadav and Kamlavati made sure everything was organised nicely. Maya was surprised to see the catering. Though these people seemed very traditional but the presentation was more than she had expected...

Rishab was asked to sit around the holy fire for the marriage rituals. One by one the priest chanted the holy mantras... "Please call the bride" he said...

Kamlavati asked Meena to get Mayuri....

Mayuri wore red Lehnga nice golden blouse and heavy jewellery. Maya shook her head looking at the design... but then she knew she wouldn't let her wear any of these old-style saris or dresses.

Rishab looked up to see Mayuri walking slowly lifting her Lehnga with few family members around her... the first glance of Mayuri made Rishab smile...she looked so innocent and pure. He kept gazing at her. Her eyes were fixed on the ground. She had no courage to look up at the groom sitting right in the front... slowly she climbed three stairs and stepped closer to the holy fire to take her seat next to the groom...