Chapter 9

"Mayuri, wake up" Meena adjusted her sari standing near the huge mirror...

Mayuri slowly opened her eyes looking at her mother... "Yes Mom...five minutes"

Meena shook her head as this was nothing new, she knew Mayuri always finds difficult to wake up early.

With soft hands she rubbed her eyes and looked outside the huge window...

"I am going downstairs, get ready and come" Meena left closing the door behind

Mayuri looked at the ceiling and thought about him, he asked her to be his girlfriend, but she doesn't know anything about what he was talking, besides that this was not considered good.

She took her phone from under her pillow and dialled his number...

Rishab was adjusting his tie when he heard his phone, he did not pick up the phone and cancelled.

Mayuri wondered why he would have disconnected her call... she was about to get up when she heard her phone "why did you disconnected my phone..."

Rishab smiled while looking into the mirror "because you don't have the balance, and don't worry just give a missed call then I will call you back"

"Looks like you can spend your money on the phone?" Mayuri yawned and stretched her other arm...

"Hmm...lots of money. You have just woken up?" he queried while looking at the time "its 9am" he said again

Mayuri closed her eyes "can you talk now?"

Rishab thought a little "can I call you at night. I really have to leave for work please"

"Ok, no problem" she said

He smiled and disconnected the call...

The moment he reached at the breakfast table his mother stared at him "you're two minutes late today" Maya looked at her watch

"I know mom... I was late last night and..." Rishab was about to explain

"No excuses Rishab, eat your breakfast and reach on time" Maya picked up her expensive purse and got up "I have a small meeting at the golf club. Will catch you later"

Rishab nodded while finishing his breakfast...

He took a sigh of relief, he knew his mother was strict when it comes to getting up early and moving on with your work. Then he thought about her...she gets up late "I must improve her habit" he smiled

But he was very thoughtful about her, till now he could frame her in his mind... he loved her innocence and the way she asked questions...

He tried to concentrate on his work...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mayuri got ready in a beautiful purple sari for the rituals before the wedding in the evening.

One by one the ladies were coming and showering the blessings on Trishna and applying the turmeric paste on her body as a good omen.

Trishna smiled as everyone applied the paste on her face, arms, legs and shoulders. Mayuri loved these traditions and marriages. She was really fond of the pre marriage rituals. She imagined one day it would be her turn. But then her heart skipped a beat thinking about him. Even though he didn't see her, he has asked her to be his girlfriend. Will she get a chance to meet him tonight in the wedding?

She closed her eyes, if destiny will want us to meet, we will meet.

"Mayuri, get another utensil please" Veena asked while standing with a thin dupatta on Trishna's head...

Mayuri immediately rushed towards the kitchen...in a haste she didn't see the wet floor and slipped badly hurting her ankle... "Ouch"

Meena came running towards her with two more ladies trying to help her get up "Mayuri...are you alright beta"

Mayuri had a shooting pain in her ankle... "It's hurting badly mom..."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Rishab kept the files on the huge table "ok this one is not done..." he said to Neha who was watching him from past half an hour.

"Well Rishab, then who will do this design. You know this is one of the important designs we require for our next beauty pageants. We have to finalise the colour selections" Neha showed him the designs

"Don't worry Neha...I will do them tonight... you just concentrate on our weekly design layouts" Rishab took the file from her...

Neha smiled and walked away "I will love to see the design tomorrow morning"

Rishab knew why she was smiling, his brains don't work when it comes to stage shows... the live shows are different but when its presented in front of the audience its completely dissimilar...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mayuri got her ankle bandaged and was resting on the bed

"Don't get up from here..." Veena massi said clearly... "If you need anything just call on the intercom and a servant will come to your room"

Mayuri wasn't happy at all, she wanted to attend the wedding at any cost and this ankle... "But I can walk slowly massi"

"Have you heard what the doctor has said?" Veena gave a frowning look for the first time "you have got it fractured...now rest"

Meena felt sad for her daughter "Mayuri, I can stay with you beta, you might need help"

"No ma...I am fine. You please go and help Veena massi for the wedding tonight...I will rest anyway." Mayuri insisted her mother to enjoy the wedding.

Meena with heavy heart went to the wedding. Everyone left for the wedding in the palace that was twenty kms away from the bungalow.

Mayuri looked at her phone... it was 10pm. should she give him a missed call? She thought over.

She gave him a missed call...

After two minutes her phone buzzed in front of her...

"Hello..."

"Hey sweetheart" he replied making her heart thump...

"Again sweetheart" she frowned a little...

He thought something "so did you decided?"

"Decided?"

"Yes...to be my girlfriend" he smiled looking at the designs

Mayuri was quite trying to recover from his words "can I ask something?"

"Hmm, what?" he said casually

"What will you do if I become your girlfriend?" she innocently asked him

He gave a broad smile and nodded at the innocent question

"Well, that's a comprehensive question...you do lots of things" he said scaring her a little "like hugging, kissing and."

"What?" she shouted "no...I don't want to ..." she didn't even completed and heard his chuckles over the phone...

"You're laughing?" she queried angrily...

Rishab nodded his head "you are so innocent, just like a morning breeze. So pure just like my dream"

She was numb...as if she had lost words, "but, you haven't met me. You don't even know my name and..."

"Sshh...I don't have to..." he said in between "I told you before these things don't matter to me"

"Then what matters? What have you seen in me?" she prompted curiously

He smiled at her questions "I feel you are just like me as if my shadow"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------