Chapter 19

Only until they overheard a noise outside did he treaded back releasing her from his embrace... without meeting each other's eyes both tried to pretend normal.

Mayuri tried to wrap the huge sari around her tiny waist...she carefully looked at the embroidery work done on the entire sari, plus the colours reflected so nicely that even made her look perky. The blouse has all the mirror work and was designed very cautiously.

Rishab saw ten missed calls from Deepali, annoyingly he walked outside...

Mayuri watched him leaving irately and wondered what must have occurred...

She observed herself in the mirror to apply some make up and found herself blushing over what just took place few minutes ago. This feeling flooded through every vein in her body, by only a mere touch of his hands on her back made her fly in the sky.

Bashfully she looked herself in the mirror...does she really like him? Or is it because someone touched her for the first time.

In every way she felt her life better after her marriage. She is fortunate that Rishab was understanding her. She elicited last night, when he asked her to eat something. His courteousness and care made her fall for him, plus he was so good in the designs he makes.

She wore the diamond necklace and earrings that were given by Durgeshwari to wear with the sari.

The second she stepped out of the room wearing her high heels Mayuri could hear Rishab shouting, inquisitively she took few more steps towards the noise that was coming from the adjoining room. She had never heard him so angry before...

Hearing someone's conversation was bad she thought, but then she was only concerned about him. What If he was in trouble, it was her duty to help him.

"How many times do I have to tell you this Deepali...don't try to act smart I front of me"

"What rubbish...then don't. I don't have any problem in getting a new face for my company. You can break the contract anytime, and Rishab Singhania doesn't give a damn about it"

Mayuri tried to walk away as the conversation seemed to have finished... all she could hear was the contract, someone not doing the work in his company.... Was it serious? She ponder...

----------------------------

She was standing at the stairs about to step down when he came from behind... "Ready?"

"Yes"

He smiled and walked downstairs... she slowly lifted the huge sari and walked step by step to make sure she doesn't flip over...

Rishab looked at Durgeshwari "but Grandma, I have work here...I can drop her and come back. Staying there would be impossible"

"Ok Rishab, as you wish. Then let her stay with her parents for at least few days"

Rishab nodded...

Mayuri took Durgeshwari's blessings and sat in the car...

Rishab was still checking the phone, it was silence. She looked outside the window.

The driver was instructed right path to Malikapur... the drive was long, but Mayuri went on thinking about the instance that happened in the morning.

Then her eyes fell on his frowned face...he looked worried, in fact quite bothered, she thought of asking him once.

"Is everything ok?" she looked at him

Without looking at her he nodded once...

Due the uncertain paths the car met with few bumps on the way, Mayuri never knew when she tightly held his wrist.