Chapter 18

He stopped the car and looked at her...

"What happened?" she asked inquisitively looking at him but with a little smile curled around his lips he said "nothing, I was pondering if you would help me with something?"

She beamed "yes, of course"

"Thanks" he started driving back home...

There were undeniably several things that he had to think about, not only did she tell him the right colour combination, but she predicted what he was thinking already and if he was not wrong, the girl whom he spoke over the phone was the only one who could think like him.

He parked the car in the drive way and both walked leisurely towards the main door...

Maya had invited some guests over, the moment she looked at the couple, she quickly strode towards them "good you both came on time, I was about to call you."

She looked at Mayuri "Mayuri I have kept your dress on the bed upstairs. Please quickly get ready and come for the dinner party. I want you to meet all my close friends"

"Sure" Mayuri immediately said and started walking upstairs...

Rishab followed her, he was amazed at a girl who never says no, or never even looks tired... the moment she entered the room she took off the high heels she had been wearing since morning...

Rishab saw some red marks around the feet that must be due to the sandal straps.

"Ouch" she slowly took off both the sandals and tried to relax on the bed.

Rishab couldn't see her in pain for some reason "you've hurt your feet"

"Yes...I can't wear high heels" she admitted

Rishab saw the marks on her soft fair skin "then don't"

"But I will get used to it. I am feeling ok now" she said and quickly picked up the dress to change...

Rishab understood that she was a person who wouldn't show her pains easily to the world. Even if uncomfortable she's not going to tell anyone.

He saw her coming out of the dressing room wearing a dress that made her look so enthralling, he gazed at her from top to bottom...

In a black sleeveless dress till her knees, it fitted her so nicely around her thin body that she looked like a heavenly damsel. She brushed her brown hair and applied just little lipstick. But the moment she was about to put the high heels some cried out in pain "ouch"

Rishab instantly got up from the couch and stood closer "wait..."

He asked her to wear a nice flip flops rather than high heels... it will still suit her. Somehow he convinced her but the pain was obviously worse.

---------------------------

Mayuri greeted all the ladies who admired her beauty and behaviour. Maya felt ecstatic when Mayuri attended everybody with a smile... she made sure everyone was looked after.

Every person seated around the big lounge when Mayuri walked towards the big table right in the centre to check all the dishes, she made sure all the things were neatly kept.

She was instructed by Maya not to serve the food herself and make sure she orders the staff correctly.

Continental, Chinese and Indian food was being served nicely to all the guests.

While Maya was still talking to one of her guests whose eyes fell on Mayuri's feet

"Maya, your daughter-in-law looks really stunning except for her feet" said Mrs Raheja smirking