Chapter 4

Time and again Rishab kept on thinking about her. Though his eyes looked out of the huge window in his room but his thoughts went back to last night where he was talking to her... her voice didn't even leave him for a seconds.

He looked at his mobile thinking she would call him, he heard the sudden knock at the door...

"Come in" Rishab looked back in the files

"Sir, we have to attend this important meeting today" Sheenal went on with the list of meetings and the whole day's schedule

--------------------------------------------------

Mayuri excitedly looked outside the huge glass window, the city looked enormously huge from where she was standing "wow Massi... this house is so beautiful"

Veena Massi kept a tray with two glasses filled with orange juice... "Did you like it Mayuri?"

Mayuri gave a broad smile then adjusted her plait neatly in the front. She was happy for her Massi and her sister Trishna who was getting married to such a rich boy.

Being born and brought in a small place like Malikapur Mayuri never got a chance to visit big cities except in the past few months where somehow her father allowed her to study in the city... "Yes Massi"

Veena watched her simple and beautiful niece who used to be so shy and still she could watch those little shying glimpses of her... "It's going to be your turn soon"

Meena looked at her nervous daughter who adjusted her dupatta "I will Veena, once she completes her graduation. I will find a nice boy for her"

Mayuri's heart beat loudly the moment she heard people even saying a word marriage "I will go and check for Trishna"

Mayuri quickly pressed her cotton dupatta in between in hands and walked away. She hardly knew about the whereabouts of the big bungalow. But she knew she would soon get used to this.

Her house is not that big but still has many rooms, the big difference was her house was an old ancestral property that her Father would never leave and her grandmother wants to die there.

She still recalled how many times she asked her Father to sell that house and move to city, but every time he would decline the offer.

Broadly smiling around the beautifully carpeted house with luxurious antique paintings, sculptures and bright colours she felt like a free bird.

Trishna is so lucky, she thought. Her life started from a small town and will end in the small town. She had promised her Father, once she finishes her graduation in fashion designing, she would simply follow his orders.

Mayuri felt sad the moment she thought about her life after college. She would end up being a frog in the well. What is the use of her degree when she has to end up her life in small towns?

As she walked down the huge hallway. Her eyes fell on a group of young girls who wore such huge lehngas. She quietly hide behind one of the pillars. Then she walked straight to the room where these girls were coming from...

"Trishna" Mayuri looked at her dear sister who was trying her expensive outfit. She looked at the designs and the colours.

"Mayuri...how come you are here?" Trishna showed off and raised her eyebrow making Mayuri stand at the door...

"I came right now with mom...she's with massi" Mayuri said softly looking at the designers who were trying to fit the dress around Trishna

"Oh...so Mom has invited you. Anyways Mayuri I am really busy. You can sit here if you want" Trishna offered her space to walk into her room.

Mayuri scanned with wide eyes...the room was so big and beautifully decorated. She watched her beautiful bridal wears...

Trishna picked up a huge sari... "I am wearing this for my marriage"

Mayuri smiled "that will look so beautiful on you" Mayuri's eyes stayed on the dresses. She was fond of beautiful dresses but she never wore them, thinking they were too expensive, and spending money on these dresses won't be worth.

Still fiddling with her long plait in the front she glanced at two designers who themselves wore so elegant clothes.

"Mayuri can you pass me that blouse" Trishna asked Mayuri who happily stood up and passed the blouse.

"These designs are from Maya fashions" Trishna crowed while standing straight looking in front of the mirror

Mayuri had obviously heard about Maya fashions "They are the best"

Trishna laughed at her "have you even heard about them?"

"Yes, in my design college. I have heard" Mayuri confidently answered her arrogant sister.

The designer carefully pinned the blouse "looks like you have only heard. You must see their designs. I went to this year's best collections...and Trishna you won't believe the colour and the design I saw at the show stoppers was far than imagination"

Mayuri kept smiling hearing about Maya Fashions...

Trishna finally tried all the outfits one by one... "I will finalize these all."

Mayuri watched the designers carefully, she always carried this dream of becoming one. But because of her parents she was on the edge of getting this dream broken badly. Mayuri knew she was raised with so much difficulty and she wouldn't let her parents suffer anymore because of her further demands.

She knew her parents would never allow her to work in the city and her study is of no use in the small town.

"Ok Trishna, all good" the designer picked up her bag "we will get this one stitched in a round shape..."

Mayuri looked at the dresses...all were designed differently considering in mind for different functions and ceremonies.

It was late evening

Meena was still in the kitchen finishing work with her sister. Mayuri knew her mother was attached only to her sister. She thought of heading to her room...

While she was still going upstairs her mind thought about him for a minute. It was already three days since she spoke to him after coming to Mumbai...

She recalled how quickly she had to leave Delhi and fly to Malikapur, then from there she travelled to Mumbai and during this whole time she hasn't even called him once. He surely must be trying the landline number of her hostel.

Worriedly she opened her bag and picked up a small old fashioned mobile phone... she still had little balance to make a small call.

----------------------------------------------

Rishab watched his phone buzzing...

The moment he picked up....

"Hello...R" she spoke up

Rishab smiled hearing her voice "finally, you called. I was trying your number from past two days and"

"I know...I am not there anymore. Please don't call on that number. I am somewhere else" she replied softly making sure no one was around.

"But, how can I talk to you" he looked at the number on the phone

"I will call you whenever I can. But for the next few days. Please don't call me on that number" she requested... "Ok, I will talk to you later. Bye"

He only heard her disconnecting after that... "M...I will really have to meet you one day"

He watched his phone for some time, thinking she would return the call. But after waiting, he decided to carry on with his work. He picked up the photo frame and looked at the design... "One day this frame will have your picture. My secret designer"

------------------------------------------------------------