As he holds me so carefully, I feel new tears forming in my eyes. But these tears aren't made from fear, they're made from something foreign to me. A deep and power gratitude, a form of adoration I've never felt for a person before.

"Grayson," My voice breaks as my lip begins to quiver. One of his hands rests against my head flattening my hair, and pulling fly-aways out of my face.

"Yes?" He asks, his tone is higher pitched, softer then his usual voice.

I raise my head from his chest to look him in the eye. He nearly pouts, and raises his hand to wipe away my tears, I take his hands into mine before he reaches my face. I shake my head as more tears come. "Thank you," I say, trying to keep myself together.

His thumb rubs across my fingers as looks at me, lips parted and eyes soft. "You're too good to me," I tell him, giving his hand a squeeze.

He shakes his head and smiles at me half heartedly. "You need more sleep," He lays back and opens his arm to me. I watch him for a moment, still stuck in my moment of awe. But soon enough I cave and snuggle against his chest, resting an arm over him.

Sleep draws me in, but tears still fall from my eyes as I continue to think about Grayson. His kindness towards me has been overwhelming, especially because no one has ever treated me the way he does. "You're like an angel," I say, but I'm not sure the words make it out completely.

When I wake again, it is under much calmer circumstances. The breeze tickles the bottom of my feet, and my body had begun to wake anyways. Stretching my arm across the bed, I notice Grayson's absence and sit up.

I push my hair from my face, but is refuses to stay pushed back, so I put my hair back and leave bed. The house is silent and smells of grass and trees, instead of Susan's cooking.

I look down each hallway, but none hold any sign of Grayson. So I head downstairs, allowing myself to move slowly. When I step into the kitchen, I see that the front door is open, only the screen door keeping the world out.

I see Grayson's back, and a thin line of smoke rising from his hand. Beyond him I see an empty driveway and an endless range of mountains, colored with blue, green, and red.

I walk to the door and open it, it squeaks terribly, but Grayson doesn't seem to mind. He glances to me over his shoulder, smiling as he takes from his cigarette. "Hey," He says, pursing his lips to blow his smoke away from me.

"Hey," I sit beside him on the first step of the porch. I stare out at the dew covered fields and can't help but feel content. The silence between us stretches out as we sit closely to one another, so close that I can feel the warmth of his skin.

"Is there a reason why you wake up so early every morning?" I ask him, peering over at him. He flicks his cigarette butt down into the dirt and blows out his last breath of smoke.

"Not really," He shrugs. "Habit I guess." I see thought behind his eyes, but they don't meet mine. They keep out at the scene before us, admiring quietly. The thought is broken when he looks over to me with a smile. "Want to do something fun today? You know, enjoy our day off?" His eyebrows arch mischievously.

"What did you have in mind?" I ask, already grinning.

"Sue told me about a hiking trail nearby, it's up in the mountains so there are plenty of little waterfalls and swimming holes." His brows lift as he speaks on it, clearly interested.