Epilogue

They all graduated high school and began their adult lives. Fifteen years later, there was a reunion. Edward met the princess he was arranged to marry, and he came to like her quite a bit. He was now the king of the animal kingdom. James never found anyone he loved more than Liz. He started drinking to forget her, and he never stopped. It's sad, really. Liz was now thirty-three years old and was now married to Preston with two kids, Alia and Steve. She was chatting with Jailee and Steve after many years of lost communication. "Oh, so you name a child after this bimbo but not me?" Jailee asked in an offended tone. "I'm sorry, but she was named after Preston's grandmother, who practically raised him," Liz explained. "Oh whatever. So, tell us how you got engaged," Steve said, changing the subject. "Well, when we were in eighth grade, Preston showed me a place with a giant oak tree with a swing seat attached to it. He called it his special place, and it's were he first admitted he had a crush on me. We came here to visit my mom one summer, and we went down there. He sat me down and looked me in the eyes and said,' I can't live another second of my life without being married to you. You are the best thing to ever happen to me, so will you marry me?' The fireflies were glowing and buzzing around us, like little lanterns. And, of course, I said yes. Now, here we are," Liz said nostalgically. "That is a way better love story than twilight!"Steve said genuinely. They laughed together, which they hadn't done in a long time. Preston walked over to them with a little boy on his shoulders and a little girl holding his hand. " Hey. Haven't seen you two in a while. You wanna meet these two?" he said as he got Steve off of his shoulders. "He looks just like me!"Steve (the original) exclaimed. "Can we hang with them for a while?" Jailee asked. "Well, don't hurt them or give them alcohol," Liz said. "We aren't idiots," Steve protested. 

     Liz and Preston walked up the stairs and into their old first period classroom. They turned on the lights and walked in. Liz dragged her fingers across her old desk," This is where I met  you." Preston sat on his old desk," God, can you believe how long ago that was?" "We were so young. So much happened. I was an A honor roll student, and you were a cocky romantic,"Liz smiled and her eyes began to swell with tears. Preston walked over to his wife and cupped her head in his hands," I couldn't have been a more lucky humanimal." His lips met hers. Liz rested her head on his chest, and his arms fell around her waist. They swayed back and forth, remembering all the hours they spent in this very room. "And now look at us," Liz said with a small laugh. Alia ran into the room, and Preston swooped her up into his arms. Little Steve followed shortly after and ended up in his mom's arms. The reunion ended. Everyone said their goodbyes, and it was time for people to go back to their usual life. The Viper family spent the rest of the night slowly swinging below their favorite tree.