A Day As James part 6

James awoke after a restless night of sleep. He got dressed and dragged down the stairs. His dad had already left for work, and his mother hasn't been around for seven years. He didn't have much of an appetite, so he skipped breakfast. James walked out the door to the bus stop. The bus was loud (as usual). He stared out the window, thinking of Liz. His mind was never on anything else. He arrived at school and glanced at the pillar that he would always wait for Elizabeth at. He stopped talking to her to get her out of his mind, but instead, it made it worse. He stepped inside the school. "Hey Jamesy, I missed you sooo much," fan girl screeched as she clung onto his arm. As James struggled to pull away he said,"I saw you, like, fifteen hours ago." She wouldn't let go of his arm. A few minutes later Elizabeth walked in the school doors. James' heart skipped a beat. Liz saw him, and for the first time, she had the courage to talk to him. She stood directly in front of him and was about to speak. Before she could James said, "Ashley, leave me and Elizabeth to talk." She got mad, but James made her go away. Then Liz began, "James, I don't want to be like this anymore. I can't not have you in my world. Please, call me girly, play with my hair, climb through my window. Anything, just please, be part of my life again." James was so happy. He loved her, and now he knew she wants him. He used all the will power in his body to say he loved her. But instead he said, "I left because I'm not me around you. I can't be around someone who makes me something I'm not." They both went dead silent. Stupid. That was the one word James could describe himself as. You had the chance to tell the girl that loves you that you love her back. Instead you reject her. Those were the thoughts in James's head. Liz held back tears as she lowered her head and walked away. That killed James more than anything in the world. Knowing that he was the one to make her cry. But even with all this in his head, he kept a straight, emotionless face. Just then his best friend, Pablo, walks over to him and says," Let's talk. In private though." They walk outside to a shady tree and sit. "What was that, you idiot cat," Pablo said shaming his friend. Pablo punched James in the arm hard enough to knock him on his side. " I know I'm stupid. But I don't act like the cat I am around her," James said as his ears fell behind his head. Pablo put his hands on both James' shoulders and said, " You sir, are the most stupid humanimal in the whole animal kingdom. An adorable, smart, funny, strong panda girl is in love with you. You love her too, but you rejected her. Dude, if I met a girl and fell in love, I wouldn't care if she made me something other than a cat. Because I would be in love, and that's better than our sucky personalities. You are lucky enough to find this in middle school, and you make the girl of your dreams sob in the arms of another man." James stood up, his face red with rage, "Who's arms is she crying into, " he said, his fists clenched together hard. When Pablo didn't respond, James grabbed him by his collar. " Tell Me Who, Pablo," James screamed. " The prince, or maybe the bad boy," he said looking off in the distance. James through him down and ran into the school. He had ten minutes to get to her. He spotted Liz from across the room. Seven minutes. Almost there. Five minutes. Elizabeth was on Preston's lap, crying into his chest. James  put his arm around her and pulled her away from him. He slammed his back into the wall and sunk to the ground. Elizabeth was stunned, all she felt was his warm arm pressing her against his chest. "James..." Liz said looking in his sparkling eyes. James pulled her even closer, "I'm so sorry. I don't want you to cry anymore," he said softly into her ear. Shortly after, the bell rang.

      The day was better, it wasn't like before, but better. Even though James made that gesture of love, he still was stubborn. That night, James slept a little easier.