Chapter 12: Officially Saying Goodbye

DAY OF THE FUNERAL NO ONES POV (it's crazy up in here)

Everyone entered the church for the funeral and BTS was baffled at how many people showed up. Her entire dance studio came. All of her volleyball team. Over half of the school attendee as well.

BTS took their seats in the front which was reserved for family but she said they were her family so those seats were for them.

The lights shut off and a video began playing at the front.

Dani came into view and BTS recognized it as the day she came home from the hospital after they went swimming.

She had her usually messy ponytail and mascara was her only makeup.

"Hello everyone," her voice began and it was slightly shaking, "If you are watching this, then I have passed. I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly but I do not and never will regret everything I have done. I have made countless friends through school, dance, volleyball, and, most importantly, I managed to make friends through struggles."

Everyone was already in tears but Dani managed to keep her emotions at bay in the video,

"I know you will all do amazing things without me there. I'm sorry that most of you probably didn't even know this, but I had cancer while I was alive. Sports and activities aggravated it and made it spread faster. I didn't care because I wanted to die happily. I lived with no regrets and I died young. Dying young is true immortality to me because it means that people can only remember you as a young person. I did not die in vain. I will be donating all of my hair to those who lose their hair due to chemotherapy."

Her voice shook as she messed her hair and made her messy ponytail even messier. BTS chuckled at this habit they noticed for whenever she is fighting emotions or doesn't want to say something.

"I denied chemotherapy because the effects are very obvious to those around and I didn't want people to know. I didn't want to be treated differently because of this disease. I wanted to have a n-normal life and the cancer made hat very painful for me. However I-I regret nothing. I have left nothing unsaid. Life is short...please...cherish it in a way that I couldn't."

Everyone was crying like crazy. Dani did the unexpected. She sniffed, wiped her eyes, and smiled at the camera before shutting it off.

A slideshow of pictures and short videos of Dani began playing after the video. Some of her at her first dance practice with 1Million studios, some singing, some playing volleyball. There was even a short video of her at their first showcase.

AFTER THE FUNERAL STILL NO POV

As BTS was walking out, they were the last to leave, the priest stopped them,

"Boys, pardon me, but are you by any chance BTS?"

"Y-yes," Namjoon answered as he wiped his tears.

The priest held out seven colored envelopes with names on them before bowing and leaving as well.

Suga grabbed the one with his name on and so did the rest.

Suga's POV

I opened the envelope and began crying all over again.

Dear Min Yoongi,
I'm so sorry I didn't get to know you better before I left. I however don't regret anything I ever said or did with you. I lived with no regrets or fears and I died happily. Do not feel bad for me, that's the reason I didn't tell anyone about the cancer. Please remember me happy and healthy. I love you.
~Han Dani

There was something else in the envelope... a picture. It was of me and Dani in he recording room at the BigHit studio. She was singing her heart out in the sound booth and I was behind the controls sinking the biggest gummy smile I have ever seen myself do. I felt a tear slip down my cheek and I didn't even try to hide it.

NO ONES POV

The rest of the guys opened their envelope to see the same letter but with their names on it with different pictures.

Taehyung's picture was the one where he was hugging her with his full body on the ground. He began crying again.

Namjoon got a picture of Dani trying to teach him how to dance. He as well began to cry again.

Jin received a picture of the two of them in the kitchen. Jin had flour on his apron and Dani was standing in front of a pot of exploded spaghetti sauce with an appalled look on her face. Jin chuckled quietly before crying.

Jimin's picture was of him on Dani's back while they were swimming. She was screaming and Jimin's eye smile was so big that you couldn't even see his eyes anymore. Jimin held the picture against his chest before crying more.

Jungkook looked at his picture and began crying immediately. In the picture, Jungkook and Dani were both at the gym. Jungkook was using Dani as his weight for his bench presses. She looked as stiff as a board in that position and Jungkook was smiling widely.

J-Hope was the last to open his card and he fell to his knees when he saw the picture. It was of the first night Dani spent with them in the dorm. She was asleep and hugging Hoseok like her life depended on it. Their legs entwined and their arms around each other. There was literally zero space between their bodies while they both slept.

BTS walked over to her casket in the front to say their final words to her.

Jungkook spoke through his tears, "I will never forget your smile. Saranghae [ I love you] Dani."

Namjoon spoke with slight hesitation even though he was no longer crying, "I-I'm sorry I punched you. I'm glad I didn't damage your beautiful face. Mainhae [I'm sorry] and saranghae Dani."

Suga went next, "I loved how sassy and fearless you were. I admired you for that and I want to be more like you. Saranghae Dani."

Jin followed Yoongi's light goodbye with one that seemed selfish at first, "You sucked at cooking...but you made my heart flutter when you tried to help me. Saranghae Dani."

"Heartbreaker," Namjoon mumbled under his breath and tried to hide with a cough.

Taehyung followed suit continuing on the topic of humor, "Usually I make the members laugh with my craziness...but you gave me a new reason to laugh. Yours was infectious and full of joy despite your pain. Saranghae Dani."

Jimin took over, "I'm sorry I yelled at you about changing us. The truth is you did change us...I was blind at the time and didn't see hat you changed us for the better. Saranghae Dani."

J-Hope still had tears flowing heavily as he dropped to his knees and tried to hug the huge casket, "I liked you the moment I met you. I loved you the moment I knew you. Saranghae...Danielle."