C H A P T E R F O U R

Alex Grey was actually pretty smart

Pancakes. 

The sweet, addicting waft of pancakes somehow managed to infiltrate my room, causing my eyes to pry themselves open to a cold yet somehow blinding Saturday morning. How was the sun even visible right now? And why did I not shut my curtains last night? Honestly, regret hung over me like an umbrella. Scooting towards the bathroom I yawn, scratching my tangled, frizzy hair. My mum's hair is exactly the same, us Smiths had the most unmanageable hair of the century. 

Deciding against checking my face in the mirror I just jumped in the shower, thankfully the heating in full swing as the hot water blasted all over me. Dragging my brush through my hair was always the worst part, the tangled knots even worse from the vigorous washing of my mane. Checking my phone to be greeted to the thousands of messages-don't worry, I'm only joking I only got a message from the group chat Cora set up and a few Instagram notifications from my art account, I wasn't really that popular, I just like to post my work. 
Dressed in a pair of fitness leggings that never served me the right purpose, cause I was as lazy as an average house cat, and a red oversized jumper. My mum had already left for work and left me some gluten-free pancakes with some bacon in the microwave. I poured myself some cool fresh orange juice from the fridge and was ready to tackle a week's worth of homework. 

After completely History and halfway through my maths, an unknown number flashed across my phone and I frowned. Maybe it was one of the companies tryna sell me life insurance or flip-flops. Trust me you never wanna experience a grown ass man tryna sell you a pair of bubblegum pink flip-flops, not pretty. But after I ignored the call, It reappeared and I rolled my eyes, growing progressively angry. "Hello?" I question and there was movement on the other line, quite sketchy if you ask me, "Kadie?" A familiar voice rang through me and sent the same irritating butterflies in my stomach. "What do you want Alex?" I ask cooly, tryna stop my whole body from malfunctioning, Cora knew something was up after I texted her about the date, she said he never succumbed over chocolate, which seemed a pretty pointless thing to say, nobody can give up chocolate after 3 years and not have a cheat day, right?

"Kadie?" Alex's voice seemed irritated and I shook my head, getting out of my thoughts. 
"What did you want?" I ask again and the boy groans, probably because I made him repeat himself. "I'm outside, it's freezing so let me in," he orders and I froze, 
"You're at my door?"
"No, I'm sat in a field in Canada." I get up to look at my window and I spot the devil, he catches my eye and gestures towards the door, hanging up. Rude. 

Walking downstairs, I opened the door and he just casually storms into my house, great. "Yeah sure Alex, come in," I mutter and Alex raises an eyebrow as I shut the door, the wind really picking up outside. "So, what made you decide to come to my house?" I quizzed and he shrugged his hands now stuffed in his joggers, his arms littered with goosebumps as he only wore a t-shirt. 

"Here," I say throwing a blanket at him as he was sat on the couch, I had no idea what possessed me to keep him here. I guess it was the weather; it is pretty cold now. "Thanks," he muttered and I stared at him, watching him wrap the cream knitted blanket around his broad shoulders. This boy was seriously irresistible, I couldn't blame the girls that fell for him, I would've if I hadn't realised that this was all a game. "Right, just stay here while I just go and get maths homework, okay." Alex snaps his head towards me and nods as I rush upstairs, my whole body shaking. Grabbing my phone off desk I quickly sent Cora and emergency message, I almost dropped my phone twice from the tremendous shaking my hands were doing, it was lucky I didn't work at a cafe, I'd of dropped coffee within a millisecond. 

"Didn't realise, you had such a plain room." A voice commented from the doorway and I squealed jumping. "What part of stay downstairs don't you understand?"
"It got boring looking at the grey walls, quite frankly it's like watching paint dry," he smirks and steps into my bedroom, causing my heart to flutter. Stupid heart. "I mean I've got the homework now so, back downstairs." I smile and grab his shoulder but, he doesn't move. "You're like a bloody tree," I growl, glaring at him. Eventually, the tree begins to move, however, not where I wanted him to go. He casually kicks off his shoes and lies on my bed, "You should join me Kades." he smirks, a mischievous glint in his eyes. My mum would kill me if she saw a boy anywhere near my room. Rolling my eyes, I just sat on the carpet opening up my maths homework. "Jesus," I mumble, regret written all over me. Why do I leave everything to the last minute?

"Calculus is way easy." Alex comments still sat on my bed, his head now turned towards me. 
"Not when you're failing it." I huff leaning my head against the wall. After minutes of contemplating whether or not to burn the homework, I hear a small squeak from my bed and I open one eye slightly to see Alex sat crossed legged in front of me. "What now?" I groan and he shrugs, "Do you want the help or not?" he snaps and I sit up, nodding my head. "Well, for a start, you don't cube 0.5, you only times it by three." I frowned looking at the first answer, my head trying to figure out what he was saying, "So that's 1.5, then what do I do?" I ask and Alex glares up at me, "Tell anyone and I mean anyone about this," he motions towards me and him "and you're dead." he smiles afterward, completely reversing his mood. Was this guy Bi-polar? "So you take 1 away and you should be left with?" he asks and I smile giggling
"0.5," I say confidently and he shakes his head, 
"You take one away from the power you dipstick," he calls and I glare towards, 
"I told you I was failing maths."
"You can tell." he sniggers and I roll my eyes in frustration, he was so annoying. 

After another 30 minutes of his teaching I felt pretty confident about calculus, maybe he was a good teacher after all. "I never knew you were that good at maths, why don't you tutor?" I ask and Alex shakes his head, leaning his head against my mattress, "The guys would make fun of me."
"You never seem like the type to care what people think," I say, fumbling with my fingers, he opens his eyes at me, "I don't I just-I don't know, they're jocks, most are rich and have daddy pay for everything, they wouldn't understand," he admits and I frown, 
"I don't understand, I thought you were the top dog." he laughs and leans forward, 
"Not if I did lessons, they'd think I'm some sort of nerd with straight A's begging for a scholarship." 
Alex had straight A's? Never would've thought it. 

"Kadie!" the door opens and my eyes widen, shit, my mum was home. I look towards Alex and he looks just as shocked as me. "Kadie?" My mum calls again, this time coming up the stairs and I jump up grabbing Alex by his collar and shoving us both in the bathroom. "You could've just asked," Alex whispered in my ear and I shove him away from me and into the bathtub, shutting the shower curtain. I take a deep breath and flush the toilet opening the door and my mum smiles at me, pulling me into a hug. "I had no idea where you were sweet, I just got back from work early and I was wondering if you wanted to watch the hunger games, it's on Netflix so..." My mum trailed off and I smile towards her, nodding, "Sure, just let me get some blankets, be right there." I smile, watching my mum head down the stairs. I groan, going back into the bathroom. Alex was sat on the bathtub holding my underwear. "Nice pair." he chuckles and I gasp trying to grab it from him. "Get off them, you freak," I exclaim and he only laughs harder. 

"I need you to climb out the window," I say while going into my draw pulling out two blankets, Alex scoffs. "No way, I'll die," he growls and I turn, flailing my arms about, 
"What else are you supposed to do?" I snap and he shrugs, 
"Oh I don't know, how about not plummeting to my death Kadie." I groan, soon hearing footsteps back up the stairs and again I shove Alex back into the bathroom. "You okay honey? the popcorn is ready." she smiles sweetly and there was nothing I could do. 

"Yeah, mum lets go downstairs." I watch as she leaves to go back down and Alex opens the door, glaring at me. "Stay there." I mouth and quickly shut my bedroom door. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Welcome to Chapter 4
Can I have a round of applause for actually keeping my word and, now we are up to date and the story suddenly makes sense, what do you think about locking Alex in her room? 

So, I was wondering about what my parents would actually do if I kept a boy in my room and they would probably slaughter me. What would yours do? 

But anyway thanks for reading and I would really appreciate a cheeky like or comment letting me know what you think 

Katie 
xxx