ix

Hell was pouring down. The humidity that had hung in the air like the Black Plague had exploded in a beautiful thunderstorm. Hoseok ran through the rain, faster than he had ever ran before. Droplets of rain hit his face, clinging to his skin and clothes. He was already soaking wet.

Had he missed his house? Maybe he had taken a wrong turn? Hoseok did not know, too many thoughts were running through his mind at this moment. Not even the roar of the skies could calm his deafening mind. Even as water trickled down his lips, he could taste Taehyung on them. He didn't mean to run, but neither had he meant to kiss Taehyung.

He didn't like Taehyung. Well, not in the romantic sense anyway. Had Taehyung liked him? Hoseok stopped to catch his breath. Taehyung was further away from him and there could be no way he was following him. Hoseok exhaled and inhaled rapidly, the sound of rain surrounding him.

He was lost in thought.

Had he ever known that today would end like this, it would've given him even more reason to stay home. Had he learnt absolutely nothing after liking Yoongi? In the romantic sense? He had hurt and ached when he was rejected. And Taehyung held so many secrets, too many. Who knows why he had kissed Hoseok, maybe he was greedy, a fool. Even worse, maybe he had felt pity for Hoseok.

Whatever it was, it wasn't love. He was most likely confused or delusional. Hoseok looked up at the sky, he squinted as droplets of rain fell into his eyes. He laughed, heartedly. Harder than he had ever in years, if anyone saw him now they would think he was mad, deranged.

He laughed, because he had considered that Taehyung genuinely liked him, for who he was. That was outrageous, there was no way that Kim Taehyung, liked Hoseok.

How would he be able to speak to the younger now? He won't be able to look him in the eye, without remembering the taste of his lips, the sound of the rain, the smell of his skin.

"Oh God," Hoseok whispered, the rain washing out any sound. "I-I actually like him," Hoseok brought a hand to his forehead. He couldn't like him, not in the romantic sense. Taehyung was a friend, a very good friend, nothing more.

Hoseok would have to swap partners in the baking project. He can't be in Taehyung's house, or have Taehyung at his house, or be alone with Taehyung in any way. There was no way he was going to allow that, not after Yoongi.

Hoseok looked around him. He sprinted down two more streets before finally finding his house in the pouring rain. His parents weren't home yet, which seemed perfect, he can't deal with anything nor anyone right now.

Hoseok took the house key that was hidden beneath a pot plant, and clicked it into the keyhole. With every step he took, a puddle of water would follow. Hoseok ran upstairs nimbly, trying his best to not get the floor wet, but of course it was inevitable. His room was the same, messy floor and undone bed. Hoseok threw his bag on the floor before scrambling beneath the covers of his bed. He should've changed out of his wet school uniform, but he didn't. It was unusually cold underneath the covers.

But that was not what mattered to Hoseok. What mattered was that he just might like Taehyung.

In the romantic sense.

❁❁❁

hello, I know that this was a short update,
but I will be able to update more efficiently in the future,
since it's nearly the school holidays and I'm getting increasingly bored.
hence why I published another story today, lmao.
so expect more vhope in the chapters to come.

d.w

𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara