viii

The last period of the day went by faster than anyone could imagine. The class was silent, the only words being said, were the teachers. Hoseok was full of nothing but delight when the last bell of the day rang through the school, and as the hustle and bustle of students getting up ensued, Hoseok gathered his things and made his way out of the school.

The weather had seemed to cool down, wind was whistling down the roads and the humidity was no more, it was strange, but to Hoseok was a perfect sign to walk home. Seeing the buses lined up and students rushing in made him sick, among those students had to be Min Yoongi, who Hoseok no longer recognised.

Hoseok turned his heal towards the pathway and began heading in the direction of his home. Home, what a wonderful word. It was an absolute mistake coming to school, Yoongi wanted to 'fix' things, but all he had wanted to 'fix' was his reputation. Getting in trouble with his parents for skipping school had seemed like a more suitable idea than going to school, Hoseok could only wish that he was able to turn back time.

The light breeze had now turned more violent. Not, on-the-verge-of-a-tornado violent, but stronger, violent. The weeks of dry weather had unnaturally ceased and rain was probably to follow after it. Hoseok sighed. The rain he had wanted to fulfil his glum mood was finally making a rather late arrival.

Hoseok held onto the straps of his bag while he kicked a small stone down the pathway, remembering all the events that had happened earlier today. With Yoongi, with Jimin, with Namjoon, even with Taehyung.

Taehyung, the one person that Hoseok could stand. But even he held secrets that Hoseok didn't know. Maybe Hoseok was better off alone, by himself . The same alone he was when he first ever started to go to school, before meeting Yoongi or anyone else.

"HEY HOSEOK, WAIT THE HELL UP!"
Hoseok turned to meet a frantic Taehyung, running towards him. Hoseok took a cautious step back, but wasn't fast enough to move away from Taehyung who collided with him, embracing him in a tight hug.

"Tae-Taehyung?!"
Hoseok muttered under his breath.

"I didn't see you on the bus, so I presumed that you were probably going to walk home. And then I saw you, so I followed."
Taehyung muttered, smiling brightly at Hoseok and moving out of the hug.

"Yeah, well I'm going to walk home, I don't want to take the bus."
Hoseok replied, looking down at the concrete path.

"I'll walk home with you, I don't live far from you anyway."
Taehyung replied, taking Hoseok's hand in his and entwining his fingers with Hoseok's. He began walking swinging his and Hoseok's hand as they walked.

Hoseok blushed at the sudden intimacy, and he wondered. Taehyung did not question why he hadn't want to take the bus, better yet, he didn't even seem to care. Hoseok looked up at Taehyung. The younger was taller than he was, his sharp features stood out in the bright daylight. The wind was blowing his hair back so that Hoseok could see his face better. He was happy.

Taehyung began to sing a song.

"There's a buzzard of gulls, they're drumming in the wind."
Taehyung had a voice of an angel, every word that was sung was smooth as silk, the silvery tone that he held was pleasant to the ear. Hoseok smiled.

"Only lovers alive, running in the dark."
Taehyung kept singing as he saw Hoseok smile.

"H-how do you sing like that?"
Hoseok questioned, stopping in his tracks.

"Sing like what?"
Taehyung retorted, furrowing his brows.

"Sing like...like that? So...beautifully?"
Hoseok blushed, couldn't he find a better word to describe it. Taehyung merely smiled back.

"And I rolled away," Taehyung sang, letting go of Hoseok's arm and dancing, quite embarrassingly, before him. "Said we never wanted much," Taehyung took both of Hoseok's hands in his, and spun him in circles.

"Just a rollercoast', our love has never known the way."
Hoseok couldn't help but smile at Taehyung's absurdity, as the two spun around in circles, the breeze seemed to blow faster. Clouds gathered above their heads.

"Sugar for the pill, you know it's just the way things are."
Hoseok was speechless. He watched as Taehyung mumbled incoherently, forgetting the lyrics. He was so beautiful. No other words could describe him, not in any language spoken in this universe. If he could, he would listen to that angelic voice forever.

Raindrops began hitting the earth. It was light at first, but as Hoseok and Taehyung stood, in the middle of the pathway, staring at each other. The rain thundered down. Hoseok watched as the rain drenched Taehyung, water flowing down his cheeks, his lips, his neck. Hair was sticking to his forehead. The school uniform clung to his body.

Hoseok wanted to look away, he wanted to look away so badly. But he was mesmerised, by the sheer beauty.

The sheer beauty of Kim Taehyung.

"It's raining."
Hoseok mumbled. Taehyung began laughing.

"Yes, I can see that."

"I think I should go." 
Hoseok was redder than a ripe tomato. He looked like a fool before Taehyung.

"I don't think you should."
Taehyung replied. Grabbing Hoseok's shirt and pulling him closer. He locked his lips with Hoseok's, taking in the sweet taste of vanilla. He himself did not know what he was doing, he stood there, kissing the blushing male softly, the rain unceasing. Hoseok smelt of lemongrass, Taehyung could take in his scent even in the pouring rain.

He pulled away, puffing. The taste of vanilla still lingering on his tongue. Before Taehyung could utter a single word, Hoseok ran. Ran as fast as he could, fighting against the wind and the rain. His only destination home.

Taehyung stood dumbstruck, he smiled.

How unexpected. He thought to himself.

❁❁❁

i'm sorry if that was too quick (i'm actually not).
exams are over so i can start writing again.
the song that taehyung sang in this chapter
is called 'sugar for the pill' by slowdive. i hope you enjoyed this chapter ♡

d.w