49

"Mant said you wanted to see us?" Mauntie says trying to give his attention to his daughter-in-law when in reality he wants to hold his grandchildren.

"Go ahead, take them. What I have to say, I want Mant to hear as well." Montani feels a pain as she hands her daughter to Molani and her son to Mauntie. She had only had a short time holding them but already she feels very attached to them. It's killing her what she has to do, but she knows what she was told is true. If she wants her children to survive than she has no choice. She puts her mask back in place, it being the only way she can keep the tears from flooding her.

Shortly after that Mant returns with Teondae. He goes to her side and takes her hand in his and squeezes it tight. Montani returns the squeeze.

"Teondae thank you for coming. I need you to heal me, so that I can travel with you and the others when they leave. I don't have time to wait for my body to return on its own." Montani says baldly jumping into what she has to say. Only Teondae remains unshocked by her words.

"Yes, I was told you would likely make this request. If that is what you wish than it is my honor to do so." Teondae walks over to Montani and once more the purple glow surrounds his hands. As the glow enters her body Montani feels energized and healed.

"Thank you Teondae, I owe you so much," Montani says with tears in her eyes, her mask cracked once more.

Teondae gently caresses her face, "You owe me nothing. You have done so much for me and my people, we are still in your debt."

If Mant wasn't secure in Montani's feelings for him he'd be jealous of Teondae. Instead he feels sorry for him.

Teondae steps back and allows Montani to speak to Molani and Mauntie. "I will be leaving with the others. I have been told that if I don't then the alliance will fail and we will all die." Tears start to clog her throat, it's hard saying the words she has to next. "I need you to take care of the children. There is no guarantee that I or Mant will survive to raise them. If we don't," Montani can't go on.

Molani with tears streaming down her own face goes over to her, "Of course we'll raise them. Mauntie is going as the leader of the Eldar, but I'll be staying here with the others. Teondae has already placed the protective magic over Malinor. We will be safe as long as there is a vacar alive."

Montani looks at Teondae once more, "Thank you once more, Teondae. It eases my heart to know that my children will remain safe." Teondae merely nods. He couldn't do anything else but what he's promised her, but he couldn't have allowed Montani's children to be in danger anyway. The spell was enhanced by his mother, the lasting until the last vacar died was her doing. Teondae suspects that his mother did this so that Montani would be more willing to leave and be able to focus on what needs to be done and not on her children being in danger.

"You can't leave us, you are the Master-of-Masters, you are our leader at this time." The Eldar council member whines to Montani as she picks up her pack and slings it on.

She looks at the man and narrowing her eyes, "You have a king. His words will do. It wasn't so long ago you accepted me reluctantly into Malinor, Manteer. Now that I'm leaving you should be overjoyed." The eldar had all accepted her, but some more willingly than other. Manteer had been the least willing and her biggest detractor while learning. She can't believe that he is now the one being the biggest pain about her leaving.

Manteer has the grace to look down in shame before saying his next words, "I was wrong then. We need you to lead us."

"You are wrong now, as well. I go to a meeting between those of this alliance. I will be representing all the races as well as their proper representatives. If that makes no sense to you than you need to think about what all is going to be happening soon.

"Help Mauntie prepare for war, Manteer, and I better not hear of any trouble with the Eldar moving out on time to join in the fight. If I have to come back here, it could mean the defeat of all the armies of good. That would place my children in jeopardy, if you do  that there will be no place for you to hide from me. Do I make myself clear?" Montani has gotten tired of listening to his whining. Damn, she's been wanting to threaten him for years and it felt good doing it.

Manteer bows his head once more to her edicts. "I will help the best I can in making war preparations."

"I want you to report directly to Mauntie, who will keep in contact with myself and Mant. Don't disappoint me, Manteer, you won't like what happens if you do." Giving this second threat may not have been necessary but Montani feels that he would do better if she gives it.

After that it was time to go. Any other instructions have either been given or Mant gives them as they leave. He knows Montani could do it, but it strains her and she still isn't fully healed. Teondae did an incredible amount, but Mant fears that the Arbita bite took more out of her than will ever be fixed. Still, having her here even weakened is better than not having her at all.

The eagles fly in to pick them up and soon they reach the elven home, Arbolan. Leean is eager to go see his father and grandparents, but remembers his manners and waits for the others to join him. 

Montani smiles at his exuberance. Leear comes up to her and she gives him a hug as he greets them all. "This is Jewel, the dwarves were gracious enough to allow her to join us." Montani introduces the dwarven female to her elven friend.

"Jewel, this is Leean's father, the crown prince Leear. He is my good friend, and taught me a good bit of wood lore long before Mauntie found me." Montani finds it funny that the normally blunt and outspoken girl finds herself tongue tied. She hadn't had that problem among the eldar. In fact she left many eldar with broken hearts.

"What a pleasure to meet such a beautiful gem," Leear says smoothly making Jewel blush even more. It makes Montani look at Leear strangely.

"Are you feeling alright, Leear?" Montani demands. She hides it well, but she wants to laugh at his response to meeting the dwarven representative.

Leear gives her an irritated look, "Yes, I'm fine. Why would you think otherwise?"

"Because I've never heard you talk like that before, even at court functions." Montani says flatly. Causing Leear to blush briefly and Montani to hide her smirk. Jewel truly is beautiful, but she is the opposite of the elven people. She hadn't expected Leear to be so struck by her.

"Thanks, Montani, you know with friends like you I don't need enemies," Leear whispers as they walk towards the palace.

"You like her, Leear, that's okay. She's even about equal rank wise. But, I don't know how well she'd take to being one of the sky people. Good luck with that." Montani whispers back, letting him know that she doesn't have a problem with him trying. She doesn't think he'll have much luck, but who knows what the future holds. Ten years, eleven almost now, she never thought that she'd be in this position. You just never know what the future holds. She misses her children.