48

The council was less than thrilled at the reports that Mant and Montani gave them, but that's okay since Mant is still furious that whole parts of their history were deliberately changed or forgotten altogether just because of jealousy.

Relations between the council and Montani and Mant became strained. People started to stay away from them all. Spending more time with the visiting leaders or representatives. They learn more tolerance and become more interested in learning other things.

As time progresses, the winter storms were more violent than had been recorded. There is much time spent indoors, since not many people were willing to leave in the freezing blizzards and sub zero cold. The people that had taken lessons from Teondae experimented and found that perhaps the secrets that were lost had once more been found.

Teondae found that he was accepted by the Eldar more and more.

Which was good because Montani became more irritable day by day. The winter was a long and hard one and Montani disliked being inside so much. Add to that the increasing weight and width she gained from the children growing inside her, her back started hurting her constantly. She is entranced by the feeling of the children as they kicked and punched, but as they grew their room decreased and their kicks and punches became stronger and more uncomfortable.

Mant was at her side as much as she would tolerate and his duties allowed. He was being called upon to do more and more, especially since nobody wanted to deal with an ornery Montani.

The first signs of spring brings everyone a sigh of relief. By now Montani is near to giving birth and has become incredibly uncomfortable. Her feelings are so out of whack no one knew from moment to moment if she was going to be happy and pleasant or all but screaming and finding fault with everything. Then they all hated it when she was a crying wreck, they ran for Mant when that happened.

"Are you ready, Montani?" The female asks taking the seat near to her.

"Ready for what?" Montani says not looking. She keeps her face towards the sun letting the heat soak into her.

"To take upon you the work that was your fate since before you were born. Once your children are born you will be called to leave them and fulfill your destiny."

Montani smiles bitterly, "My destiny. So my family was destined to be ripped to pieces by evil ones. Mant was destined to be captured and tortured by those that work with the evil ones for five years."

"You were destined to be born human, raised by eldar and elves, to gather the forces of men, elves and dwarves. You even managed to snag the eagles. This is your destiny."

"It is time for others to take over. I have done my part, the alliance that no one wanted has been forged. Now it is time for those that can lead to do so. It is time for me to be a mother."

The woman smiles sadly to the pregnant one at her side. "That is not your destiny. You will give birth, but then you must leave. If you survive the war then you will be allowed to be mother to your children."

This  makes Montani look at the woman and frown. "I refuse to continue as the leader."

"It is your destiny, Montani. The humans look to you, the elves respect you, the vacar see you as the answer to their prophecy. Without you the vacar will pull out of the alliance. Teondae won't be able to keep them in. Without them the dwarves will pull out. Without them the alliance will fall and the free and good people of Bonita will fall. This is your fate, your destiny, to make sure the alliance doesn't fall."

Montani is no longer relaxed, she is angry and turns to face the female, but as she goes to say something a pain rips through her.

The female looks at her knowingly, "Your time is here. I'll send my son and Mant to you. Do not fail your destiny Montani, if you do my son and his people will die just like the rest of your people and friends. Remember." The female leaves even as another pain rips through Montani.

It's to soon. Is all Montani can think. It's too early. She falls off her seat and curls up into a ball as another pain rips through her. She hears someone call her name and pick her up even as she loses consciousness.

"Push Montani, come on," Montani hears as she comes back to consciousness. The pain is intense. "Push and it will feel better I promise." Molani assures her and Montani believes her. She pushes as hard as she can but nothing changes. She gasps for breath.

"Again, Montani," Molani urges.

This time Montani pushes and she feels something give and the relief is incredible. She soon hears a baby's cry. "You did well, Montani. It's a little girl." Montani looks at Molani and sees her smiling gently.

She looks around her and finds Mant at her side. Only then does she realize that she's holding his hand. Or rather squeezing it. The pain has let up but still rips through her.

"A daughter, Mant." Montani manages to smile.

Mant's return smile is all it takes for Montani to feel that it is all worth it. Mant takes his free hand and caresses her sweat soaked hair off her face. "She's as beautiful as her mother. Thank you Montani."

A particularly painful surge grips Montani then and she can't help the scream she lets out.

Montani is sleeping, completely exhausted after giving birth to her two little ones. Mant stays by her side holding the twins. A boy and a girl with one go. He can't get enough of looking at them or his incredible wife. It's been so long since his people have had a multiple birth, Montani has been a first for his people in a lot of things. He can't help the tears that leak from his eyes at what he's going to have to do soon.

"No need to cry, Mant." Montani's tired voice startles him.

"I'm afraid there is." Mant isn't sure how he's going to tell Montani that he has to leave soon. She just gave birth to their children how can he do this to her?

"You will not leave without me, Mant. Remember the promise I made after we were married?" Montani says gathering her energy to sit up.

"No, stay still, I don't have a choice. The elves wish to have a meeting. The humans are being allowed inside Arbolan and have requested our presence as well."

"Then I better get better to join in. Send Teondae in, and your parents. There are some things I will need to tell them." Montani says her heart heavy as Mant hands over the infants and helps her find a comfortable position.

Mant heads out to find those Montani needs to speak to. His parents weren't too far away, he wasn't surprised to find them so close. He passes on Montani's message and continues looking for Teondae.