Forgiveness

~Chloe~

It's been two months and I haven't talked to any of my 'friends' I'm still angry at them. Every Friday I find a package of money at my front door and I take it and shove it in a drawer and I go work at a small cafe down the street. I make enough for me and Ava and it's good.

I get ready for school and head out the door. My last year of college is almost over and I can't wait to start my career.

I start my car and drive to school and walk in. My eyes instantly meet with Devan's he locks his gaze on me and I freeze as he walks closer. I run down the hall and into the safety of my classroom. I know he won't dare take a step in this class.

Why would Max dare him to do something like that? Why did Devan do it? I was falling for him, but I'm not now. I realized its all fake, him, our friendship and whatever was going on that one night with our almost kiss.

"Why did this happen?" I whisper to myself then I feel hot breathe on my neck.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered and I heard the sincerity in his voice. Should I forgive him?

I stand up and walk out of class.

***

"And you just walked away?" John asked and I nodded.

"Chloe, trust me just talk to him. He's hurting, he doesn't hang out anymore and he's beats himself up about this. He acts like it doesn't affect him but it obviously does. He's hurting just like you." I frown, I know he's right. I see the way Devan doesn't talk or smile anymore. I should forgive him even though what he did could have hurt me worse if it went on anymore. Why would he do that though?

I walk in my apartment and it's empty.

"Okay Chloe, see you tomorrow, just listen to me and talk to Devan. I'm sure this will all be fine in a little while." Inbox and close the door. John was my only friend and we met because Matt and Ava are best friends.

I walk and it's dark so I can't see anything. I walk into the kitchen and grab a bottle of water.

"Chloe." I heard him from the living room. I froze and didn't move. I slowly sat the water down and walked into the living room.

"What do you want?" I ask putting my hand on my hip.

"God you look hot like that." He says and I am still confused.

"What?"

"Please come here." He said patting a seat beside him. I sit down and stare at his shadowy figure.

"Please forgive me." He says pleadingly.

"Why did you do that?" I ask.

"Max dared me, when he dared me I thought it would be a quick kiss or some shit, but now it's more. I didn't realize it till Delilah told you and you got angry." He sighs and continues." Chloe I would never, ever hurt you. You are...my everything." That did it for me. I leaned over and our lips met for the first time. I never thought my first kiss would be this amazing.

I used to think kissing was over rated and for people that are like super in love and they always think there's a spark, now I know there is such thing as a spark. That's what I felt the first time I talked to Devan. I guess it works out either way.

I pull away and stare at him. He stares at me.

"Forgiven?"

"Forgiven."