Prologue

Late one winter night in the year 2017, a gentle knock sounded on a door to a house. It was around eleven at night and the man was a light sleeper. He sat up and he looked at his bedroom door, wondering who was knocking on his door at this time. He stood up and wrapped a blanket around himself, walking into his living room. He cautiously held a red, white, and blue round shield on his left arm as he slowly opened the door. When he didn't see anyone, he opened it wider. That was when he heard the cries. Glancing down, he caught sight of a baby girl on his doorstep. He bent down and picked her up, before looking up and down the street to see if the one who left her was in sight. When he didn't see anyone, he shrugged and took the baby inside, knowing he couldn't leave her out in the cold to freeze to death.

    "Who are you?" the man asked.

    The baby looked up at him and smiled, reaching her little hand out and grasping his finger. The man smiled, putting his shield down and taking the girl to his room, laying her down beside him. He would have to call up his friend to help him tomorrow as he was not used to taking care of children. He had been frozen in ice for seventy years, since the 1940s.

    "I'm going to name you Elizabeth," he told her quietly.

    The baby giggled and he smiled gently as she closed her eyes, falling asleep against him. He knew he would have to train her to keep herself safe. He had no clue that this girl was from a place where speeders flew past giant buildings scraping the sky, said buildings covering the entirety of the planet. He didn't know that she was from a different galaxy. What he did know, however, is that he would protect her and raise her as his own.