'Babysitting' the Human.

It's been a few days since Doc left the town. Many things stayed normal, for the most part... At day, Sean couldn't step out, the world must never know that there's a human still alive.

At night though, things change, Sean takes a walk to Willy's Butte and sits down to watch the night sky. McQueen always has to be driving with him 24/7 and make sure to hide him, just in case there was someone awake at night and near them.

The night in the rocky deserts of carburetor county is always cold, and worse when winter is close. Sean would wear the jacket he made on his own at nights and sometimes during the day, autumn was on it's last weeks and the transition from cool to cold was present at full time.

Most of the days so far were cloudy, some rain, a few storms, very windy as well. The days we're getting shorter and the nights we're getting longer.
Sean and McQueen have been getting along pretty well these past days, but a few of the cars that ain't from the town began to notice the race car had grown sleepier as time passed; and questions vegan to rise.

The last two nights, McQueen wasn't able to be outside with Sean, there were many of these fans waiting outside and wondering why was McQueen very exhausted lately.
The race car was exhausted indeed, even Sean could straight up see it in his eyes, both remained inside Doc's place and slowly drifted to sleep.

The morning arrived and things were calm, Sean awoke to pure silence, just the gentle breeze passing by and making a very low noise. He looked to his right and saw McQueen, who was still asleep, the human looked at the clock at the back of the garage and saw it was 9:15 am.

Sean stood up and stretched, and made his way to the door of the garage, through the small gap he saw that it wasn't that bright up outside, a gray sky and the smell of petrichor, the earthy smell that always appears as it's about to rain. He peaked his head out and saw no one on the streets, his impulses to walk outside grew stronger, but he knew what would happen if he did.
He then decided to go to the other room, the one where he was able to grow a small crop, unfortunately under artificial light; but it was the best he could do. He decided to make himself a salad, and closed every window, not letting anyone see who's inside.

About 20 minutes later, McQueen slowly woke up, his eyes still looking very very exhausted. He had a good sleep, and looked to his left to find Sean was gone, a dead expression came on his face and quickly called for him. To his fortune, he saw the human walk back to him with what seemed like a bowl, obviously at a smaller scale.

The race car sighed in relief and let the human sit next to him.

(McQueen)-"Watcha got there?"

(Sean)-"This is a salad, thanks to doc I was able to make a small crop in the other room, and I was lucky to find small bags of seeds back in my capsule"

(McQueen)-"But I thought you said the building fell down to debris..."

(Sean)-"Oh it did, and remember that cloudy day about a week ago, when we had no tourists and I was gone like for the whole day?"

(McQueen)-"Yes I do... And you're lucky we had no costumers on that day...."

(Sean)-"Well yah, pure luck, anyway, I went there and found few bags of seeds and most were intact and well in that room I grew the crop."

(McQueen)-"Well, I'm pretty sure you must be using something else to give that crop of yours light, it can't be natural because they would find ya...."

(Sean)-"Artificial light. Anyway, what are gonna do today? I'm kinda tired of just being out at night, it seems we got no costumers today and the weather is pretty nice outside at the moment!"

(McQueen)-"Pretty sure you forgot we had some of my fans waiting outside for a big part of the night... And you know you can't be out during the day..."

(Sean)-"I know.... It's just.... I miss it..."

(McQueen)-"I know you do..."

Sean looked down and then at the door, he could see shadows go back and forth thru the gap that was under the door. He sighed and leaned back, McQueen yawned and let his metal body touch the floor, they both knew it was gonna be a long looonnnng day...