Run

5:00 AM

It was still dark in carburetor county. Sean wakes up and looks around him, only nature could be heard.

He notices that he's laying on a blanket that it's not warm enough. He stretches and peeks his head out of the small shack he was placed in. The light refraction is enough to let him see what's before him.

He crawls his way out of the structure he was sleeping in and stands up.
He sees the shape of a truck under a larger shack, moving slowly up and down and the sound of someone breathing. He begins to slowly walk his way to the gate, but it's closed, the fences where made of tires, metal, and wood.

Cursing under his breath, Sean begins to climb his way up the fence and leave for once and for all. Before he jumped, he glances back once more and makes sure the tow truck was still asleep. The human then looked at the floor under him by 8 feet away, he let's go and lands on the other side of the fence.

He begins to run with no idea as to where to go in the middle of the night.
The cold air would hit the human's face and body, making his eyes somewhat watery as he kept running, he could feel his heart beat get louder and louder.

His breathing was getting heavier and heavier, and his legs were becoming sore and cold. In a few minutes, Sean was walking painfully down the road by a sign, wheezing in exhaustion.
Sheriff heard someone struggling to breath and peeked out from behind the sign.

He saw the human walking down the road, soon to pass out again, and stared in silence.
Before he could say anything, the human passes out and his fall is stopped by the police car's hood.
He looks at the strange creature curiously and manages to place him on top of his hood completely.

Sheriff then begins to drive to Doc's place and softly 'knocks' the door. The Hudson Hornet, being a light sleeper, wakes up and opens the door; to his surprise he sees Sheriff 'carrying' the human on his hood.

(Doc)-"Did it try to hurt you?"

(Sheriff)-"Quite contrary, it was just walking down the road before it passed out, I don't know how it got out from Mater's place though."

(Doc)-"These things climb, Sheriff, remember those stories. I'll take care of it, you can go back and rest, I know what they feed on and it's probably on a critical health level."

(Sheriff)-"Alright, Doc, let me know of it causes any trouble."

(Doc)-"Sure thing."

~•~

The sun was almost in the middle of the sky, everyone was doing something in the town, even the road hazards were going through their punishment for speeding, again.

Sean wakes up and finds himself in a room with bars intersecting perpendicularly from each other, he looks to his right and sees something he's been craving for the past day and a half; food.

He begins to eat the food and tastes each spoonful of it as if it were the last, to his left there was water in a bowl with a small cup sitting beside it. Sean grabs the cup and fills it with water and drinks it. He has never felt this relieved, psychologically and physically, he leans back against the wall full and satisfied.

Then he remembered what happened yesterday, he didn't know if he was dreaming or if it was real. There was only one way to find out, but he was still weak, recovering from eating after God knows how long it had been. He hears an engine getting near and stands up, soon enough, a dark blue Hudson Hornet drives in and sees the human has awaken.

Sean immediately stands back and finds himself against the wall, no escape. Doc just chuckles and drives closer, only the bars dividing the space between them.

(Doc)-"Good morning."

Sean remains quite, pale and soon to faint again.

(Doc)-"I know you're scared, but don't worry, you'll be safe in this town. Besides, there's plenty of things you can do here."

Doc then presses the button to his left and the cell lifts up, Sean sees how in disappears and looks back at the dark blue car. Doc motions him to follow him, still, the human did not move, Doc understood this obviously.

Sean, seeing how this car was being nice to him, began to take slow, but short, steps towards him. Doc then drove forward to the exit of his place and waited outside for the human to follow along, Sean peeks his head out and sees more living cars and instantly pulls his head back in.

Doc peeks inside and tries to calm the human down, the human however, manages to jump over the blue old car and runs to a dirt road up ahead. Doc begins to chase after him before the human reaches Willy's Butte, where McQueen and Sally are at.