A Challenge

MONTHS AFTER SEAN'S ARRIVAL

The racing season was over for the year and winter was near. This meant McQueen had the rest of the year free from any racing and traveling, still the rumors of there being a human in the town he lives in spread faster than light.

In the last race, he was being asked constantly, and chased to his pit stop by papparazi wanting to know if it was true about there being a human. Though its been months since Sean arrived, the race car didn't feel very negative towards him, at least not as much as he did like in the beginning.

McQueen would fake laugh and tell these parasites that it was all just a silly rumor, since there have been investigations taking place before, and they managed to hide Sean from the outside world; obviously the media and the rest of the planet was under the false security of there being no human at all.

Thinking of all those times he had the chance to give them Sean and get rid of him made him think, the way he viewed this human had changed a bit. Not ignoring the fact that he'd sometimes see Sean and Mater teaming up to prank the rest of the town.

To McQueen, Sean was still not fully trustworthy, he still felt unsure and suspicious around the human. Yet there's times where he just wants to be alone with Sally, not being disturbed by the world, not even by Sean.

Doc had some things to get done outside the town for a few days and probably weeks, Sheriff was busier than ever, since holidays are near and the crazy side of the costumers and other residents were making trouble; this meant one and only one thing...

Doc drove all the way to Cozy Cone motel, in the main building, there was Sally behind the desk. She sees the Hudson Hornet approaching, to her a father figure and knowing that whenever he approaches her it's either just visiting or McQueen getting in trouble with his friends.

After exchanging greetings, Doc asks her where McQueen is, the blue Porsche tells him he's at Willy's Butte. Doc nods and drives to the place, there he finds the race car sitting near the cliff, admiring the sunset.
He drives to his side and is greeted by the younger racer, he returns the greeting and sighs, McQueen could tell and feel Doc was onto something.

(McQueen)-"Need anything Doc?"

(Doc)-"Well... Yes.... I do..."

(McQueen)-"Alrighty then, what is it?"

(Doc)-"I'm afraid I'll have to leave the town for a few days, maybe weeks, there's some stuff I gotta finish, mostly personal. Sheriff will be very busy during this time of the year, and I need you to help me while I'm gone with only one thing."

(McQueen)-"Ok, I won't ask what is that you must do outside this town but I'm pretty sure I can handle whatever you have for me."

(Doc)-"And I'm glad to hear that, cause you'll have to take care of the human."

(McQueen)-"Wait what?!"

(Doc)-"You'll have to keep him away from the eyes of whoever ain't part of us. Not letting anyone know that he exists, he'll be safe to be outside during the night but not under the sun."

(McQueen)-"But Doc I--"

(Doc)-"Listen, I'm not asking you to become best friends with him, I'm asking you to have an eye on Sean. I know you still don't fully trust him, even though he's been with us almost a year by now, yet all I need from you is to take care of him till I return; understood?"

(McQueen)-"... Alright Doc, I'll take care of him... "

(Doc)-"Thanks Hot Shot, I knew I could count on ya."

(McQueen)-"You're welcome... "

And with that, the Hudson hornet drove back to the town, leaving the race car alone with a frown on his windshield as the thought came.
Taking care of Sean? Out of all things, he honestly hoped for Doc asking him to pave the main street again, but this is what he got instead.

McQueen still mentally scolded himself for being so negative about the human, inside he knows he has to push those thoughts away and give Sean a chance and prove him he's not dangerous at all.

The night was arriving once again, and McQueen drove back to the town, mentally preparing himself for tomorrow. Doc said he was only gonna be out for a few days or weeks...
McQueen hoped for days...

Not for weeks...