Suprise.

The sunset arrives and casts it's beautiful colors among the surface of the earth, the town was pretty empty of costumers at the moment.

Mater arrives and sees McQueen, the race car smiles and waves at him, but the tow truck quickly goes in reverse. McQueen begins to go after him, Mater goes through every street of the town,McQueen's still after him. Even to the outsides of the town and back in, after a few minutes of chasing, soon enough, they were face-to-face.

(McQueen)-"Mater... What are you hiding now..?"

(Mater)-"Me?! Hidin'?! Shoot! I ain't hidin' anythin'!"

(McQueen)-"Mater."

Coughing was heard from behind Mater, McQueen frowns and quickly drives around him and sees a big piece of fabric moving. The race car uncovers whatever's under it and jumps back with a short scream.

It was the human.

Sean opened his eyes and jumped back in fear, he bumped against Mater's rear window and screamed, McQueen began to scream again. Both were screaming and that got everyone's attention, Sean was still weak and quickly fainted right afterwards.
McQueen was confused and furious.

(McQueen)-"Why did you bring that here Mater?!?!?!"

(Mater)-"But McQueen, it didn't do anything bad."

(McQueen)-"H-how do you know?!"

(Sally)-"What's going o--..."

The blue porshe froze and stared at the unconscious human laying on the truck bed. Sally, in a serious tone, said:

(Sally)-"Mater, why do you have that with you?"

(Mater)-"I swear it ain't evil, it ain't gon' harm us, I know that!"

(Sally)-"Well if that's the case, then I suggest you to have an eye on it."

(McQueen)-"What?! Sally we don't know if that t--"

(Sally)-"Stickers, there's only one way to know if he's right. Besides, it's just one, whatever it is.... But still."

McQueen felt and looked unsure about this, after all, night was right around the corner, and no one knows if this is the only human out there. The race car had no choice but to give in and give Mater a chance, but before Mater began to drive to his place, Doc intervened and suggested to leave the human a certain distance away.
Mater agreed and took the newcomer with him. McQueen looked at his best friend as he was driving with the human on his truck bed, he let out a sigh of worry and looked down. Sally stops by him and bumps him softly.
(Sally)-"Come on stickers, let's get some sleep."

McQueen follows his girlfriend back to their place, Doc looks at McQueen as he goes back his cone and closes the door behind him. The old car decides to drive by and check if Mater is Ok, turns out, he was ok indeed.

The truck was under his old roof and the human was under another one a few feet away from him. Doc sighed and did not take his eyes of the human for a few seconds, he then began to drive to his place and went inside.

The only sound out there was of the crickets, soft winds, and the interstate traffic that was nearby. Sally was deeply asleep by McQueen's side, McQueen however, was fully awake and alert. For more that his girlfriend knew that Mater wouldn't let such thing harm him, he still felt as if something bad was going to take place.

But... What were the odds?