Chapter 11:

Chapter 11:

I feel someone gently put me on something soft that smells freshly washed. Before I knew it, I fell into a deep sleep. I wake up in bed. I look around and take everything in- the small wooden room with this bed at its center, the rocking chair in the corner and some white carpet on the floor. I look outside, only to see lightning flashing, dark clouds in groups, and rain crashing against the window.

Where am I? Who brought me here? Who took me away from the ritual?

“I’m glad you are up,” hear a voice say. I turn around. 

Ruby hair, emerald green eyes- Axel. It’s Axel.

Next to him, another person stands.

Messy Blond hair, sky blue eyes, almost an exact image of me, except he is a boy. It’s Clio.

My eyes widen, “What are you guys doing here?” I ask.

Clio hugs me, “Don’t you dare get away from here again! How dare you give your life up like that?!?” Clio shakes me.

“I thought you were a heartless…” I stare at Clio in disbelief.

“I was, but I still want you to exist! You know that you where really going to exist. You where almost a miscarriage, but the queen’s magic saved you. However, the Princess was born at a dark time. She is the darkness. You have to defeat her!” Clio explains.

“So the reason I said my name was nonexistent…because the princess wanted me to believe that I shouldn’t exist?”

“Exactly,” Axel replies.

My body feels weak. I can’t even stand. I tried to, but my feet wouldn’t hold up and I sat on the bed, my hands barley holding me up.

“If she was made of darkness, what was that light that came from me?” I ask.

“You see, those powers run though our family. The queen hoped to purify her baby, the princess, with that light inside you. However, that didn’t work. Instead, the darkness started taking over me,” Clio explains. “I became depressed and turned into a heartless. But that day you purified all those heartless, I also got purified. At the same time, the hatred of that light, Clara, awakened. In other words, you awakened Clara that day. Ever since, she’s been plotting to kill you and take control. Everything else Clara told you is most likely true.”

“Oh,” Axel starts, “You do know Clara is a boy, right?” Axel asks.

I can feel my cheeks burn. I had to take off part of my clothes to do the ritual. I look down at my bare feet.

I can feel Clio’s and Axel’s stare. “So your clothes…?” Axel says.

“Ahh! I didn’t know! He even sounded like a girl and his emotions were like a girl’s!” I say in my defense.

“Ahahahaha! That’s because he lived his life knowing your thoughts!” Clio laughs.

“I better go back to the palace before Daichi starts asking questions.” With those last words, Axel leaves.

Clio comes over towards me and strokes my hair, “I missed you.” He gives me a hug attack and kisses me. He continues to do so…

“Clio stop…stop,” I tell him. He stops and winks. “It’s okay, Autumn. I’m just trying to make a certain someone jealous so that he can tell you his feelings. I know for a fact that you like him too…” Clio teases.

Does he mean Axel? But he’s at the palace…Wait a minute…I look over my shoulder and see the door partly open. There is red hair on the other side.

I blush. Before I knew it, Axel had scooped me up in his arms and planted a little kiss on my nose. “Axel?” I ask.

“I love you, so please, don’t die,” Axel pleads. “I won’t, no anymore,” I say as I limp. I use all the energy I have left to burry my head in his chest.

For the next few days, they nurse me back to health as we play games. Though it’s embarrassing to admit, Axel and I had a few make-out sessions. I remember when Axel used to have an attitude towards me and how that slowly melted away when I got to know him. He’s still like that, but I can actually feel the warmth behind his words and understand him better.

Now they are going to tell me how to defeat the Princess- no, Prince- and tell me how to restore the balance.