Nine - Hand Prints

Lilla's POV

I groggily open my eyes on Christmas morning, the light from outside coming through a gap between my curtains.

I roll onto my back, moving onto the cold part of the bed, away from the warmth of my spot.

I sigh and close my eyes, the hangover giving me a headache as I lay there in bed.

"Wait," I open my eyes wide, looking at the cold spot on the bed, where somebody else slept last night.

"Fuck." I mumble, sitting upright.

My head throbs as gravity does it's job, making me groan in pain.

I look at my alarm clock, seeing that it is nine o'clock in the morning.

Next the the clock is a glass of water, two pills and a note.

I desperately grab the water, downing the hangover tablets and hesitantly pick up the note.

Hope you feel better, Lilla

I've gone to pick up the others and get us all some breakfast.

See you soon,

Peej

"Fuck." I repeat, shaking my head as I remember the events of last night.

"It was a mistake." I mumble to myself as I go into the bathroom to take a shower, stopping to vomit on the way.

"I'm never drinking again." I scold myself.

Last night was the second time in my life I've ever gotten drunk, the only time before that being the night I met Brent.

"I need to stop drinking around boys." I tell myself grudgingly.

I get out of the shower and dry myself off, wiping off all my makeup and drying my hair.

I get dressed in a Christmas jumper and black leggings, pulling on a pair of stripy rainbow socks to keep my feet warm.

I walk into the living room with a cup of tea, sitting down on the carpet by the fire.

I just drink the tea and look at the fire, mentally slapping myself every few minutes.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

Kissing Pj is the last thing I meant to do last night..

After an hour or so, the door opens, with three zombies being herded inside by the one person on my thoughts at the moment.

"Hey, Lilla." Chris yawns, sitting down next to me.

"Mmm." I murmur in reply, not looking up.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

I look up, turning my head towards Chris.

I can feel Pj's eyes on the back of my head, watching me like a hawk.

After a moment, I smile at Chris and nod.

"I'm fine." I tell him, "Just tired, and hungover, that's all."

"I don't remember anything from last night after the balcony." Chris scratches the back of his neck.

"Yeah, apparently passed out on the sofa." I grin, "But I don't remember much, either."

I see Pj's back visibly tense from his place at the breakfast bar, his shoulders coming together and then sagging forwards.

I focus back on Chris, my voice louder.

"I don't remember anything after when you left me." I tell him.